RE: Booth monitors (look and feel)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Wed, 9 Aug 2000 15:04:32 GMT

Hi,
Of course we could just buy (or otherwise obtain) shirts from ...LEGO...
Oh yah, they sell them too.
and have our own logo embroidered on them etc...

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom McDonald [mailto:radiotitan@yanospamhoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 08, 2000 5:59 PM
To: lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf@lugnet.com
Subject: Re: Booth monitors (look and feel)

In lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, "David K. Z. Harris" <zonker@gnac.com> writes:
Tom McDonald reminds me of another point;

When you are in the middle of a layout, folks presume that you
are in charge...but when you are on the outside, it is easy for
visitors to think other club members are 'just visitors' when
we're all dressed in casual clothes.

I hate to say it like this, but if it's a color that no one
else is likely to
wear, or that is a bit more eye-catching, it's more readily
identifiable by
several magnitudes. Yet I'm not saying that we dress up like
"Hot Dog On A
Stick" employees though either. My wife suggests red..
eye-catching and easily
obtained. And it's like the red field from the Lego logo.

To that end, I was thinking about getting some BayLUG club
pins made up, and maybe specific BayLTC pins. (Cost is small
quantity are about $1.50 each. I picked up some literature
from a vendor, and will follow up with Fred Yokel about some
artwork samples.)

Pins would be nice, but not so good for instant, long-range,
all-the-way-
across-the-layout identification.

Maybe it was Mike Poindexter or Tom Stangl mentioned that
John Gerlach might be a good resource for information on
shirts for booth duty. I imagine the costs are high for
embroidered than silkscreen, but I think embroidered lasts
longer through the wash. How many of you might be interested
in getting a shirt or three (so you have a few to wear during
a show without having to wash the same shirt each night ;-)?

I would be interested.

What do folks think of club hats [too|instead]?

IMO, hats would be good idea but only for outside events, or
else we look
excessively train-geeky, esp. if they're train hats.

-Tom McD.