 Local / United States / California / Los Angeles / Santa Ana / 5
Re: 1st post
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.la.sa
Date:
Tue, 27 Oct 1998 04:07:16 GMT

John Hughes <j27k@sprintmail.com> writes:
Hey there!

Since this is the local group for my area, let's talk about the Lego, OC
style.

1) Anyone having trouble finding Target halloween buckets?

No shortage of buckets down here is south county, seems like all targets still
have some.

3) Any great FOTW in the area? Garage sales, Recycler ads, or at retail?

Last one I got was in Long Beach on the way home from work last Friday. .
.Skull Island for 14.99!!  Secret Pic 'n Sav location that usually has pretty
good deals (not really a secret, it's on 7th)

Have had some decent luck at "Tuesday Morning" stores in Mission Viejo
(nothing lately).  Still the best place is the Contructive Playthings store in
Santa Ana.  They have a good selection of Dacta sets.

Waiting for the post holiday Wal Mart clearance sales. . .

4) Any interest in getting together in the future for a
building/discussion in person? Maybe planning for a group excursion to
Legoland CA in March?

Yeah.  I stopped by Calsbad yesterday on the way home from the yellow truck
tour (not great).  Construction is coming along, though looks like a lot of
work to meet the spring opening date.  Parking lots and booths to pay for
parking are in, naturally.

Barry