 Local / United States / California / Los Angeles / 83
Re: LUGOLA Meeting II-5/27/00-Wrap up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la
Date:
Tue, 30 May 2000 18:53:23 GMT

Dave Johann <hardcoredj@techie.com> wrote in message
Henry asked if I could post the notes this time around, so away we go....

What a cool second meeting we had! Even with Henry picking a holiday
weekend, and Rick deciding that traffic was too harsh, we still exceeded • our
previous turnout...by one. Henry Lim held the meeting (once again) at his
apartment. Mike Rayhawk, Scott Costello, and I were in attendence to • trade,
build, and generally swap ideas. It was quite cool to put faces to the • posts we
all know and love.
Mike showed off his mechs, and I was able to show off my new Overkill mech
and the Mtron Commandos in person (including me as a minifig). Scott • showed us a
model in progress of a famous Los Angeles landmark that he'll probably • show off
when finished. Henry? Well, he's still working on that little stagasaurus • model.
For those who haven't seen it in person, I can tell you it's breathtaking, • but
anything that's six feet tall usually is. Too bad it won't be at the next
meeting...
Scott and Mike tried to solve some of the building riddles put forth in • the
Ultimate Lego Book while Henry and I traded massive amounts of pieces. • Mike took
my work in progress, a scorpion mech, and turned it into a mobile concert • stage
for the BinksStreet Boys. Yes, 7 Jar-Jars on stage dancing and singing • while
crushing the audience with a 6-legged mech. If it sounds incredibly silly, • you
have the right idea. It truly was.
We talked about Legoland, and how we'll hold a meeting there someday as a
group outing. Perhaps we could set that up as a large-scale LUGNET • meeting? Who
knows....We discussed what we expect of meeting number three to be held in • Van
Nuys, Ca. at my house on July 22nd (tentative). Hopefully, it won't be too • hot
that day, but anything is possible.

What about holding a meeting at the Club Convention at Legoland in July?
That would fit in the timeframe and also might yield some more members who
have never heard of Lugnet.  Also, people will be able to see what some
other clubs have made.

Mike Poindexter