 Local / United States / California / Los Angeles / 127
126  |  128
Subject:
LUGOLA Meeting #5-November 4th, 2000
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la
Date:
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 08:09:05 GMT

The following message has been shortened considerably for posting on LUGNET.
Only the names of the innocent have been changed. No Lego parts were harmed in
the creation of this post. Well, okay, one was slightly scratched...

Hello LUGOLA,
     It's that time again. November 4th, 11 am. Ted Michon and family have
graciously offered up their home for our latest meeting and are planning to feed
us lunch to boot. Dinner plans will be our usual-ordering out when we get
hungry.

     What should you bring to LUGOLA Meeting #5? Start with yourself, add in
your recent MOCs or pictures thereof, a minifig of yourself for a group
gathering, dash in a bit of trade/ sales stuff, add a pinch of contents for the
*LUG box, and there you have it! The recipe for a successful meeting.

     Activities this time around include a bit of the usual: sales/ trade,
showing off of MOCs (2 space/5 mechs for me this time), exchanging ideas, etc.
We also have some new things going on: helping the Michon's with a group
building project and creating the *LUG box (possibly shipping it that day), and
anything else that comes to mind. If anyone has access to a digital camera this
weekend, it would be welcomed. That is one thing our events lack-photographic
proof.

     The *LUG box-what is it? At our last meeting, we had the opportunity to
peruse the Weeks Jambalaya box and came to the conclusion that this was a fun
activity. Well, the *LUG box is a jambalaya box of items that either you don't
want or need that someone else might find useful. We're the ones building the
box, so keep in mind that you won't get anything out of the box at this time. In
the next few weeks, the *LUG box will have traveled to various LUGs across the
country and will return to us. We'll get to see what's been added/subtracted
from the box. GardenSLUG (NJ) is the first to recieve the box. BayLUG (SF) is #
2 on the list. After that, who knows. No one has signed up for it past early
December.

     What parts/sets are you looking for? Perhaps one of us has that item. I'll
be posting a Zaplet later to keep track of all that is wanted.

-Build well and show it on Saturday,
     -Dave