 Local / United States / California / *1994 (-40)
  Hey!

All the posts dissapeared! Even the newest ones! -- Markham Carroll (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sac)

  Re: TRU exclusive bionicle

(...) Does anyone know anything about this exclusive Bionicle figure? I called several TRUs in the Bay Area today. Only one had gotten the masks, but one that didn't also knew about the figure, but didn't have it. None of the other stores knew (...) (23 years ago, 12-Sep-01, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: 8th post!

Maggie Cambron <mcambron@pacbell.net> wrote in message news:GJ63A3.I6I@lugnet.com... (...) LEGO (...) isn't (...) than (...) $15 (...) Ave. (...) Insectoid (...) At a "Thrift World" store I found a large bag containing miscellaneous parts from (...) (23 years ago, 7-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sac)

  Re: 8th post!

(...) Okay, I'll take you up on that offer, and I'll concentrate on shopping cuz that's what I do best! I would love to post about great LEGO finds around Sacto, but there rarely are any. Your Targets are wiped out before the LEGO reaches any (...) (23 years ago, 5-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sac)

  8th post!

Two years after the 7th... Man, we need to find more people to fill this place. -- Booga Who needs sanity when you have iNsAniTy?! All your Lego base are belong to us! (23 years ago, 5-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sac)

  LUGOLA Meeting-September 2001

Announcement tomorrow (8/24/01) once I have access to my email account-important info happens to be in there regarding this meeting. -Dave Johann LUGNET Member #524 Founding Member: LUGOLA HardCore's Haven (URL) Bionicle: Lego Mecha Creations (URL) (23 years ago, 24-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Life on Mars truck tour

Luckily I check lego.com on a regular basis. It seems that the truck tour is going to be back out our way, here is the info: Friday, August 31st from 12 noon to 6pm at the Block at Orange Saturday, September 1st (no time given) at Legoland (...) (23 years ago, 23-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Next BAYLUG Meeting

Hi, Just to confirm, our next meeting is Saturday October 27th, Fukaya Room at the Fremont Library from 10am to 5 pm. Members time 10-11 or 10-12. Zonker,can you please update the site. Thanks, Mark (23 years ago, 14-Aug-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Sorry for the late mail...

Due to the server changes at LUGNET, and the way I get my email, I can't just reply to the "Send it?" messages from the LUGNET Server. (I didn't know that before, so there's going to be a rush of older messages from me in a few groups tonight. ;-) (...) (23 years ago, 10-Aug-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  BayLUG.Org server changes...

| Hi Mark (and everyone else), | | We've been having some security troubles on our old server, |and we opted to replace it with something more secure, rather |than try to hack/patch the old box... | | The downside was about a 1-4 hour downtime last (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  PNLTC at LEGOLAND!

Yes, Russell sent a BayLUG car to represent the club on the PNLTC display at LEGOLAND. Dan Parker has already confirmed receipt of the car, and it's going to the show! :-) Also, I just got my July-August LEGO Mania Magazine, and on page 15 you will (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Next meeting, Fukaya Dates Advice NEEDED

Well, I think an October meeting is OK, personally. I'd rather hold out for a Saturday...I just want more time to play. :-) As for the December meeting...it's HARD to get a date between Thanksgiving and Christmas, but it also harder getting a bunch (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jul-01, to lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Business Meeting? Public Display (Zeum) coming up!

Hi All, It looks like an opportunity for a public display missed being talked about in club forum last weekend, but there's been a fair discussion in email over the past few days. Here's a summary; + Zeum ((URL) is looking for a few good builders. (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jul-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Come see Larry P. Live

If I can throw in my 2 cents, seeing Larry P. live is much better than seeing him dead. Eric K. Followups to off-topic.fun (...) (23 years ago, 8-Aug-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Come see Larry P. Live

The famous(or was that infamous) Larry Pieniazek is in town, (Glendale actually) and would love to meet everyone, or maybe anyone, available. So come meet him Thursday night at the Twin Palms Restaurant in Pasadena old town area. Date: Thursday, (...) (23 years ago, 8-Aug-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: In Burbank and environs the week of the 6th

(...) I'm comin round bout now... If anyone familar with grooveradio.com is interested Cody Lee And Holly Adams will be at Broadway Bar and Grill on the 3rd St. Promenade in Santa Monica this Friday night. Otherwise I'll be on the west side. (23 years ago, 7-Aug-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca)

  Re: In Burbank and environs the week of the 6th

Hi Larry, I'd love to get together, but this seek doesn't look good for me at all. Usually, the week after a LUGOLA meeting is pretty bad for most of us as it's our 'decompression' time. If I'm able to get together, I'll let you know by Tuesday (...) (23 years ago, 7-Aug-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca)

  Re: In Burbank and environs the week of the 6th

(...) I am here now (in Glendale, actually) and Steve Chuck and I are talking about a Thursday nite gettogether... if anyone's interested, drop me a line... (23 years ago, 7-Aug-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Back at long last

Welcome Back Color Guru!!!!! We await the remaining members of the Zodiac tribe!!! Eric (...) (23 years ago, 3-Aug-01, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.people)

  Re: Back at long last

Cool, Its nice to have you back and active. Dave Johann <hardcoredj@techie.com> wrote in message news:GHFruF.D3D@lugnet.com... (...) the (...) for 7 (...) The site (...) give (...) items (...) touch, (...) (23 years ago, 2-Aug-01, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.people)

  Re: Back at long last

Hi Dave, welcome back! I expect to see a *lot* from you! BTW the site looks great. Very clean design. The bio looks good too, very long and interesting. - Mladen Pejic (...) 7 (...) site (...) (23 years ago, 2-Aug-01, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.people)

  In Burbank and environs the week of the 6th

Hi guys. I will be (90% confidence, it looks pretty solid) in the Burbank, CA area on a project next week. Regrettably, I will JUST miss being able to attend the LUGOLA meeting as I am flying in Sunday nite. I know many of you will be "meeting-ed (...) (23 years ago, 2-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca)

  Re: Back at long last

Hey Dave it's good to see you back online. Now let's see some mecha! Later, Bryce (...) (23 years ago, 2-Aug-01, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.people)

  Back at long last

Well everyone, as I promised LUGOLA I'd do, I'm breaking my silence before the next meeting. I've been lurking for about a month mow after being offline for 7 months. I wrote about this in the biography section on my updated site. The site isn't (...) (23 years ago, 2-Aug-01, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.people)

  One vote for "Members Only" meets

Hey all, I love the fact that the Argus has shown a continuing interest in our meetings, but with the added influx of people I think that a "Members Only" meeting now and then would be a really good idea. Perhaps we could alternate between public (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jul-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Next meeting, Fukaya Dates Advice NEEDED

Hi, I think the only real way to get a central location is to buy *a lot* of bricks and build an artificial island in the middle of the Bay ;-) Seriously, I wouldn't mind driving pretty much anywhere around the Bay, as long as it is on weekends (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jul-01, to lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Next meeting, Fukaya Dates Advice NEEDED

(...) We're even more spread out than that. We have "members" who signed up through the web form from Wisconsin, Tennesee, the UK, and I believe Australia. I'm still trying to find out if they are bogus or not. (23 years ago, 26-Jul-01, to lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Next meeting, Fukaya Dates Advice NEEDED

(...) Dave, I've forgotten which store you work at!!! Can you give me an address? Paul (23 years ago, 26-Jul-01, to lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Next meeting, Fukaya Dates Advice NEEDED

(...) very (...) <SNIP> Or we would need to find a member with a house large enough for everyone (...) place. I can fit us in my backyard or my sister's basement room (She's my next-door neighbor). Or even the big training room at work. But I live (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jul-01, to lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Next meeting, Fukaya Dates Advice NEEDED

(...) [...] (...) My house is too small, unfortunately, and we're still nto done moving in. Lots of restaurants have a "banquet area" that would be suitable for a meeting of any size--though food and Lego are not a good combination. I agree that (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jul-01, to lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Next meeting, Fukaya Dates Advice NEEDED

(...) Well, I've only been to the last 2 and those were each scheduled as 4 hours total (2 hours private, 2 hours public). I think when we meet as rarely as we do, it's hard to say what's the standard. No wonder you don't want to have these more (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jul-01, to lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Next meeting, Fukaya Dates Advice NEEDED

(...) Actually, we DO require a full 7 hours: 10-1 is members only 1-4 is open to the public 4-5 is cleanup Thats why meetings are held on Saturdays if at all possible... (23 years ago, 25-Jul-01, to lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Next meeting, Fukaya Dates Advice NEEDED

How about a "User Group" meeting. That's just us right? Mark (...) seriously. (23 years ago, 25-Jul-01, to lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Next meeting, Fukaya Dates Advice NEEDED

(...) I have several of my own ideas, but getting the right people together isn't very easy. We are very spread out around the Bay Area and East Bay. We have over 30 active members. How many of them would you expect to be at a "business meeting"? (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jul-01, to lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Next meeting, Fukaya Dates Advice NEEDED

Hi, I think this makes a lot of sense: a "business" meeting would also enable us to prepare the next public meeting so we could do things like setting up a small city next to the train tracks or bring a bunch of models from a particular theme. Also (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jul-01, to lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Next meeting, Fukaya Dates Advice NEEDED

(...) We only require 4 hours anyway, right? So that's not a problem.... (23 years ago, 24-Jul-01, to lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Next meeting, Fukaya Dates Advice NEEDED

(...) Y'know, I think it might be a good idea for us to have a "business meeting" - not a show for the public at the library, but maybe at someone's home or a restaurant or something. I'd like to have a discussion about the meeting frequency, and (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jul-01, to lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Next meeting, Fukaya Dates Advice NEEDED

(...) October 27th works for me! I'd love to show up with something a bit bigger, and that will give me the time (fingers crossed) to do it! (23 years ago, 24-Jul-01, to lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Next meeting, Fukaya Dates Advice NEEDED

I also favor October 27th. Three months will be a perfect amount of time for me to haunt my local consignment shops for new trading fodder! BTW, thanks to all whom I conducted business with at the meet. I made a little, spent a little, and thought (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jul-01, to lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  paging Janet Graff!

Janet, if you are still reading the ba-lego list, please reply to me. The email I have for you is bouncing. (23 years ago, 24-Jul-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact