 Local / United States / California / *1654 (-100)
  Re: Shell promo in South SF Bay Area

At Santa Clara, the new Shell station on Great America Parkway near Highway 237 carries the 10 small sets. While the selection is not that impressive, it is quite a pleasant surprise to see the Lego flags flying on the side of the road, outside the (...) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Travel to Bay Area

There's a (strong) possibility I'll be travelling to San Jose for work, either the last week in November and/or the first two weeks or so of December. I'd love to try and hook up with folks if that happens (I see it looks like there's a Baylug (...) (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  Re: Shell promo in South SF Bay Area

(...) I nearly drove off the road last night, there's Lego at almost ALL the Shell stations I've seen here in Santa Rosa now. Two of the stations I passed this weekend had signs out front. I haven't stopped by to check selection yet, but I'm going (...) (24 years ago, 11-Nov-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Shell promo in South SF Bay Area

Chris Leach wrote in message ... (...) the (...) sets. (...) which (...) ALL the sets are available in Idaho. The stores seem to only get two of the Model Team sets. There are several different chains here that sell Shell gas and each one is (...) (24 years ago, 10-Nov-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.promo)

  one more set

I also forgot to mention I have a #6345 Aerial Acrobats. Set is complete yet missing two of the blue hawk stickers for the van. The other hawk stickers for the two planes have been sloppily applied. May be fixable if they're washed. The instructions (...) (24 years ago, 10-Nov-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  My box o' trade stuff!

Greetings all, Just wanted to throw this out there in case anybody wants to set up trades before the meet. This is roughly the contents of what I'll be bringing to trade at the meet next month. Some items I may or may not still have, so we'll find (...) (24 years ago, 10-Nov-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Shell promo in South SF Bay Area

(...) Not any more: I stopped on the way home this evening, and someone had come through earlier and cleaned them out of everything but one 2555 :-( The cashier said there was some more in the stockroom, but that it couldn't be sold because it (...) (24 years ago, 10-Nov-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Shell promo in South SF Bay Area

The rep you talked to isn't in the loop ;-) Several other states back east have already reported buying the larger sets. (...) -- | Tom Stangl, Technical Support Netscape Communications Corp | Please do not associate my personal views with my (...) (24 years ago, 9-Nov-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.promo)

  Re: LUGOLA Meeting #5---November 4th, 2000

I still wanna know what happened to my uniform. ~Mark "Muffin Head" Sandlin (24 years ago, 8-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.build)

  Re: Shell promo in South SF Bay Area

(...) I just talked to the shell rep who is in charge of the lego promotion in the U.S. The whole U.S. will get the smaller sets,but California is the test ground for the bigger sets.If all goes well there they will roll it out to the rest of the (...) (24 years ago, 8-Nov-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.promo)

  Shell promo in South SF Bay Area

Tom and bay area AFOLs I just found two stations have the big Ferrari set and the other two big sets. One is at Hamilton and I-17 (570E Hamilton) and the other one is at 2855 Winchester Blvd. The second station did not open the box yet, I am not (...) (24 years ago, 8-Nov-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: LUGOLA Meeting #5---November 4th, 2000

(...) Hey that is Mark! How did he get up there? It's bad juju I tell you! :-) Bryce (24 years ago, 8-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.build)

  Re: LUGOLA Meeting #5---November 4th, 2000

(...) Hmmm, If that is Scott on top of the temple, then who is that in front of the temple? The only other possibility being that one of my minifigs escaped and climbed to the top. This doesn't seem likely, though. -Dave (24 years ago, 8-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.build)

  Re: When's the next meet again?

Paul, I'm interested in the train wheels and the technic crane truck (as is every one else probably) but I can't make the 12/9 meeting... If there are any left, please hold them for me? I could probably take the big 50x50 plates off your hands (...) (24 years ago, 8-Nov-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: When's the next meet again?

Yes, the FLL Northern California tournament will be held at the Event Center at San Jose State University on Dec. 3rd. Competition begins at 11am, team parties finish up at 6pm. There will be nearly 70 teams competing, so it should be quite the (...) (24 years ago, 8-Nov-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Mindstorms Tour Update: Mall Hours

Now that I have a better idea on my schedule, I see that the best I can manage is an hour or two Saturday afternoon/evening at Eastridge. -gyug (...) Share information about yourself, create your own public profile at (URL) (24 years ago, 8-Nov-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: When's the next meet again?

FYI, First Lego League (a lego robotics school-age group) will be having some sort of finals at San Jose State University on Dec 3rd, I think. Also, I have a bunch of stuff from yard sales I will be bringing to the Dec 9th meeting to sell/trade, (...) (24 years ago, 8-Nov-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Mindstorms Tour Update: Mall Hours

I've spoken with the marketing group who coordinates the site staffing, and she reports; Eastridge mall hours are not known yet; hopes to know by Friday. Newpark mall hours (all three days) 9a - 10p We can bring one small table (card table or small (...) (24 years ago, 8-Nov-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Out of Office AutoReply: When's the next meet again?

I do not always have access to this email system. If you absolutely must reach me e-mail me at r_greathouse@yahoo.com (24 years ago, 8-Nov-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: When's the next meet again?

The next meeting will be Saturday, December ninth (12/9), in Fremont. I've even put the date on the BayLUG page now, and there is a brief page with directions and maps for folks who haven't found the meetings before. :-) -Z- (24 years ago, 8-Nov-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: LUGOLA Meeting #5---November 4th, 2000

(...) Naw, but it'd be fun to come visit someday. ~Mark "Muffin Head" Sandlin (24 years ago, 8-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.build)

  Re: LUGOLA Meeting #5---November 4th, 2000

(...) I don't want to be the party pooper here but I think that minifig is of Scott. Mark was safely in the Nasal Avenger the whole meeting. :-) Bryce (24 years ago, 8-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.build)

  Re: Shell Ferrari $15 if you have a Charge card!! but....

I stopped in 2 stations in the South SF Bay area today, and they only had a few of the small sets, didn't even know they were going to be getting the larger sets. Looks like I'm going to have to canvas a LOT of stations. All I really want is about 4 (...) (24 years ago, 8-Nov-00, to lugnet.promo, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  When's the next meet again?

Hey all, Just wanted to know when it is so I can make sure to have the day off from work. I've missed the last three? meetings and I've got a whole box o' stuff to bring. See all of you soon! Dave -- "Life is what happens to you while you're busy (...) (24 years ago, 8-Nov-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: LUGOLA Meeting #5---November 4th, 2000

(...) I have no idea what you were doing up there. My guess is that Timmy dropped you off there. He was in the NA as well. (...) Yep. You're the first crossover from SEALUG to LUGOLA. Doesn't it just make you want to move to Los Angeles? ;-) (...) (...) (24 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.build)

  Re: LUGOLA Meeting #5---November 4th, 2000

(...) <snip> (...) Um, Dave? Why am I on top of the Mormon Temple? It looks like I'm waving an antenna as well. Am I out of uniform too? *sigh* I'm gonna have a few words with Dan. ;^) Hey, does that mean I attended the meeting? ~Mark "Muffin Head" (...) (24 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.build)

  LUGOLA Meeting #5---November 4th, 2000

One word describes this meeting: WOW! We had a fantastic turnout this time around and nearly everyone brought womething to show off or trade. A great time was had by all as shown in the pictures taken by Ashley Glennon. (URL) 'Big Blue' was there as (...) (24 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.build)

  LEGO Mindstorms dates (Newark, San Jose)

I apologize for the lack of info. I was following up on earlier postings, but I now understand that some folks didn't see some of the other postings. The tour stops are typically Friday-Sunday... The Eastridge dates are 12/8-10 (overlaps with (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: LEGO Mindstorms tour (Newark, San Jose)

This message to the group since others probably want to know when the Mindstorms mall tour is, too. (...) I do, but... Actually, I saw your email on Friday, and I wanted to answer on the weekend, but since I didn't know when it was happening, the (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: LEGO Mindstorms tour (Newark, San Jose)

I know it's only been a couple days, but I was hoping to hear more by now. (Maybe we all just read the newsgroups from work? :-) Clarifications about volunteering: 1) If folks can only do a half day, that's probably OK. (It's better if you can do a (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: [Fwd: Mindstorm Mall Tour looking for a few good LUGs]

(...) I was thinking about a train of 3 or 4 cars, with an arm controlled by the Scout doing the tipping: stop the train with the first car in position, trigger the Scout, wait for it to run the dump cycle, advance to the next car, etc. The process (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Castle Chrome Knights

I've also not seen any at the KB on Lawrence & Stevens Creek in Sunnyvale, nor at the KB in Valco Mall at Wolfe & 280. If anyone does find some, please pick up one of the shield sets for me. It would make a great stocking stuffer for the kids. -gyug (...) (24 years ago, 5-Nov-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Castle Chrome Knights

(...) Which one was that? In the last couple of days, I've been to the one at the Great Mall, plus the KBs in New Park Mall and Oakridge (San Jose), and haven't seen anything remotely that interesting (unless you consider Rapid River Village at $35 (...) (24 years ago, 5-Nov-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Warthog Mark II, Xerxes, and Yetrigar-3 new MOC Mechs

Hi Dave. I really like the Yetrigar, with all the trans-green. Very cool. It reminds me of the Iron Giant when he changed into his "war" mode. Your other mecha are also very nice. Good job. ~Mark "Muffin Head" Sandlin (24 years ago, 4-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.build.mecha)

Looks pretty cool. I look forward to seeing them in person today! Brad Dave Johann <hardcoredj@techie.com> wrote in message news:G3I48t.In8@lugnet.com... (...) posting (...) too (...) an (...) now. For (...) already (...) a 4 (...) I (...) solid (...) (24 years ago, 4-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Warthog Mark II, Xerxes, and Yetrigar-3 new MOC Mechs

The LUGOLA meeting is in 6 hours, so naturally, I'm not sleeping-I'm posting pics of my newest creations to Brickshelf. You can find them all at the following link: (URL) notes: Warthog-This is just a minor re-working of the previous Warthog mech (...) (24 years ago, 4-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: Captain Ahnee and the Dipwads

(...) Hehe. Me too. It sort of looks like that fig will come with the AT Helicopter. I'll be sure to snap pics and post them once I get it. :^) ~Mark "Muffin Head" Sandlin (24 years ago, 3-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.fun, lugnet.build)

  Re: Captain Ahnee and the Dipwads

(...) I've seen no negative response to this by purists (I'm about 50% purist) but I like the way you edited your minifigs in post-production for more facial expressions. I think it added quite a bit. A minifig with a permanent smile, no matter the (...) (24 years ago, 3-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.fun, lugnet.build)

  Re: Captain Ahnee and the Dipwads

(...) Good stuff, some nice comp's. DaveG (24 years ago, 3-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.fun, lugnet.build)

  Re: LEGO Mindstorms tour...

(...) I wouldn't mind hearing details :). I use 2 mindstorms, one for each the loader and unloader (although, total use from the 6 is 5 inputs/5 outputs, for the loader/unloader (the extra output is used in the mine, and the input is unusued right (...) (24 years ago, 2-Nov-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  LEGO Mindstorms tour...

Tag, I'm it! (Is anybody else 'it' too? :-) I got an email today from the Assistant Brand Manager for Mindstorms, regarding my interest in supporting the tour when it comes to the Bay Area. He was surprised to get a call back within 15 minutes of (...) (24 years ago, 2-Nov-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf) !

  Re: Captain Ahnee and the Dipwads

(...) isn't (...) Dan has far too much free time and skill with a photo-editing program. Great stuff, -Jon (24 years ago, 2-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.fun, lugnet.build)

  Re: Captain Ahnee and the Dipwads

Intergalactic Species Reference Compendium, Republic Library, Coruscant Division 12, Volume XIX, entry 425.78-J29 Jar-Jar Binks, n., proper name common among society of aquatic, air-breathing, semi-intelligent, non-space faring, humanoid species (...) (24 years ago, 2-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.fun, lugnet.build)

  Re: Captain Ahnee and the Dipwads

(...) That just made my whole day! :) Now if only I could afford another hour to read the whole thing...sigh. :( Neat-o keen! Last one to the Avenger is a big, stinky Bantha! best LFB (24 years ago, 2-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.fun, lugnet.build)

  Re: Captain Ahnee and the Dipwads

Hehe. I'm gonna have to speak to Dan. He demoted me to Captain. :^( ~Mark "Muffin Head" Sandlin (24 years ago, 2-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.fun, lugnet.build)

  Captain Ahnee and the Dipwads

This morning, I awoke to find a bunch of messages in my inbox. While this isn't unusual, the message from Dan Jassim was. In a nutshell, he's...well, you have to see it to believe it. (URL) appearance by Mark Sandlin. (24 years ago, 2-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.fun, lugnet.build) !!

  LUGOLA Meeting #5-November 4th, 2000

The following message has been shortened considerably for posting on LUGNET. Only the names of the innocent have been changed. No Lego parts were harmed in the creation of this post. Well, okay, one was slightly scratched... Hello LUGOLA, It's that (...) (24 years ago, 2-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Re: Castle Chrome Knights

(...) As a couple of other people have noted, the KB Toy Works stores have these sets. I picked up several 4819's yesterday and I'm going back today to pick up some other sets. The one KB Toy Works store I went into had many of the Wild West sets, (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Castle Chrome Knights

I got mine by calling the LIC in Orlando. Paul Sinasohn (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Castle Chrome Knights

Has anyone seen any of the castle chrome promo knights at AMY local stores? I bought a bunch of 4816-18 on-line, but I'm interested in finding 4819 anywhere. Anyone happen to see them lying around? By the way, a local KB Toystore here in Santa Rosa (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: [Fwd: Mindstorm Mall Tour looking for a few good LUGs]

I like the ideas, especially the dump station. I am thinking of maybe using the white droid DDK microscout one a tipper car, and the blue Scout on the side of the track. When the Scout sees a car is next to it, it sends VLL led messages to turn the (...) (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: [Fwd: Mindstorm Mall Tour looking for a few good LUGs]

gyug@hotmail.com (Paul Gyugyi) wrote in <LAW- F218qgNjWOiy54D00000...mail.com>: (...) How 'bout a layout with: 1. RCX-controlled level crossing. 2. RCX line follower whose path goes through the level crossing. 3. RCX-controlled train with a few (...) (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: [Fwd: Mindstorm Mall Trains]

Paul Gyugyi wrote (in part); (...) I'm interested in helping in Fremont on Saturday or Sunday, but Friday would be difficult for me, unless it was Friday evening... (...) I don't have a mindstorms yet, but I saw one in Seattle at the PNLTC event. (...) (24 years ago, 27-Oct-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: [Fwd: Mindstorm Mall Tour looking for a few good LUGs]

Normally I'd jump at the chance, especially since 95% of my train buys have arrived, but I can't - I can't even make the meeting - because I've been cast in the Dickens Fair (sort of like the Renaissance Fair, only different) and weekends from 11/4 (...) (24 years ago, 27-Oct-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: [Fwd: Mindstorm Mall Tour looking for a few good LUGs]

I'd sure like to. Having a job gets in the way, but it would be nice if we could coordinate an evening or afternoon. Any ideas for an RIS controlled train display? Log mill? Coal mine? What would work well? There's enough time to build something, (...) (24 years ago, 27-Oct-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  [Fwd: Mindstorm Mall Tour looking for a few good LUGs]

Note the schedule: Dec. 8 - 10 Eastridge Mall San Jose, CA Dec. 15 - 17 New Park Mall Newark, CA Anyone want to help out? Even though I own 4 (5?6?) RIS and 1 RDS, I have yet to crack them open (a YEAR later) and play with them, so I haven't even (...) (24 years ago, 27-Oct-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  [Fwd: The birth of the *LUG box]

So when is our next meeting? Do we want to try to sign up as LUG #2? -- Tom Stangl ***(URL) Visual FAQ home ***(URL) Bay Area DSMs (24 years ago, 27-Oct-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Introducing the LUG Box

Hello, GardenSlug is meeting on Nov 11. Cletus Romano is organizing that one. I'll send you some details. -Erik P.S. GardenSlug is New Jersey and nearby. (24 years ago, 27-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.jambalaya, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Meeting-November 4th, 2000

Well, it's that time again! This time around, we'll be meeting in the glorious South Bay area of Orange County. Our host(s) are the world famous Michon family. They have graciously agreed to hold the meeting at their house. We'll have info (...) (24 years ago, 27-Oct-00, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Re: Train Module at BayLUG

(...) Before the 'grid & tower' system, there was plywood... :-) JohnG, GMLTC (24 years ago, 24-Oct-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf.sj, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Train Module at BayLUG

We have a bunch of photos of a couple modules being built down in Mike's garage on the BayLTC page; (URL) Regards, -Z- (URL) (24 years ago, 24-Oct-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf.sj, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Train Module at BayLUG

(...) tower and grid system myself, but I had only been using one brick towers. Now if only I had more bricks.. :) (...) So when you put in the extra plate in some sections it goes tower, grid, tower, grid, tower, grid, plates, top? (...) I wouldn't (...) (24 years ago, 23-Oct-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf.sj, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Train Module at BayLUG

(...) Done. Check it out at (URL) left to right: Dark grey are the 2x2 'towers'. Green is the outside wall of the section, built from 2x4 bricks. Light grey is the 'grid', notice how each 2x4 is attached to two towers, or a tower and the side wall. (...) (24 years ago, 23-Oct-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf.sj, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Train Module at BayLUG

(...) Yes, please do. I was just wondering about this and reading over the old threads last night. Ben Roller (24 years ago, 23-Oct-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf.sj, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Train Module at BayLUG

(...) Ya. or if I get a chance I might LDraw something up that shows it. It does require a LOT of bricks but not nearly as many as a solid would. It's simple, and when I first saw it I said "that'll never work" but it's amazingly strong and (...) (24 years ago, 23-Oct-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf.sj, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Train Module at BayLUG

(...) I just sent the .bmp file to Jim - would there be any interest in me posting it to brickshelf? It's not a complicated system - it just requires a LOT of basic bricks... JohnG, GMLTC (24 years ago, 23-Oct-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf.sj, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Train Module at BayLUG

Mike, Do you have the lattice structure BMP file that the GMLTC used to build their layout? Thanks Jim (...) (24 years ago, 23-Oct-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf.sj, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: quick note

I am guessing this is directed towards me, although I just saw it on Lugnet. I don't even know when the winter meeting will be, so I can't confirm that I will be there. I have not had a day off since the 10th of September and usually have been at (...) (24 years ago, 23-Oct-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  quick note

Hey man, I'm just back from 3 weeks in Canada, and I'm gonna model some CP Rail and CN rolling stock for a Christmas Train at the winter meeting. Please let me know whther you think you'll be there, and if you can bring up a module to show off. How (...) (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Belville Boat piece

About 9 months to a year ago, someone brought a Belville 5848 boat piece to t BAYLUG meeting. Though I ended up not getting it then, now I need it. Is it still kicking around? Or does anyone have a full 5848 for sale? Thanks, Paul Sinasohn (24 years ago, 13-Oct-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  RE: For the history books -- LUG & LTC dates of formation

Bounced first time. m (...) (24 years ago, 9-Oct-00, to lugnet.org, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re:EV Scouting Report - 7 Oct 2000

(...) Actually, the EMeryville TRU still has 2 or 3 6979 at 29.99.... and a 3591 Znap for 24.90... San Francisco 9th street TRU should still have some Znap sets with motors... I also got a 7190 M Falcon clearanced to 49.90 And the EV TRU has the (...) (24 years ago, 9-Oct-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Gilroy Scouting Report - 7 Oct 2000

I stopped at the KB's in cupertino last night and they had the Crystalization station #6199 for 39.99. Evidently they are discounted and all legos are on sale 10-20% off. They dont have that great a selection of other things, though I can tell you (...) (24 years ago, 9-Oct-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Gilroy Scouting Report - 7 Oct 2000

The KB clearance store has pretty much been clearanced, Lego-wise: lots of Bungee Choppers at $5 a pop (they did have some of each color, though, for those who care). A few copies of <set:8269> at just under $30. They have the <set:6495 Batplane> (...) (24 years ago, 8-Oct-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  RE: NOCAL ALERT: Mindstorms Robotics Discovery - 59.99 @ FRY'S

Figures, I just bought one for half off at ZB mark (...) (24 years ago, 5-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf.sj)

  NOCAL ALERT: Mindstorms Robotics Discovery - 59.99 @ FRY'S

FRY's has a sale on the Midstorms Robotics Discovery Set $59.00 - MSRP = $149.99 (URL) (24 years ago, 5-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf.sj)

  Re: New DDK seen at the Metreon

(...) janet, Was it the Dark Side Developers Kit? (which it sounds like, with a grey brain and grey tchnic parts) Or actually another Droid developers kit? I've got the Dark Side Kit as well as the Droid's Kit and they are both very interesting and (...) (24 years ago, 3-Oct-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  RE: ZanyBrainy in Fremont?

The Zainy Brainy in Fremont is definitely open. It was open in time for the last BaLug meeting. Right now they have a deal on some of the Indian Village stuff and some of the Ninja stuff. Janet -----Original Message----- From: (...) (24 years ago, 3-Oct-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  New DDK seen at the Metreon

I went to the Metreon in San Francisco last weekend. In the MSN store they had a couple of Mindstorm's things one of which I had never seen. It is basically the Droid Developer Kit but it makes the bad guy robots instead. I remember the initials (...) (24 years ago, 3-Oct-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Warthog Anyone?

Wow, that is tite! I like it! -- Chef ICQ:84584424 AIM: Jedi101673 (URL) Johann <hardcoredj@techie.com> wrote in message news:G1nB4q.Jry@lugnet.com... (...) but (...) McGlone's (...) just (...) original (...) incredible. (...) colors:blue. (...) (...) (24 years ago, 3-Oct-00, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Re: rapid river village at TRU

(...) I haven't hit any of the local TRUs in a few weeks (trying to economize until I get a new job), but the last time I saw any in the Sunnyvale, SJ Winchester, or SJ Blossom Hill stores was in July. If there's some part peculiar to that set that (...) (24 years ago, 1-Oct-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Warthog Anyone?

(...) The new pics are much better. Although it looked bigger without Overkill. Love the gun taken apart. That is too cool...like the mecha is cleaning it or something. Also the feet are well done. I like the technic pieces you used. Build well. (...) (24 years ago, 1-Oct-00, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  rapid river village at TRU

Does anyone know of a TRU in the bay area that still has the rapid river villages for $15.00? Thanks for your help Matt (24 years ago, 1-Oct-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  ZanyBrainy in Fremont?

Several weeks ago, I discovered on zanybrainy.com's store locator that they have a store in Fremont. However, when I made the non-trivial drive up there, it was closed, and looked like it was in the final stages of preparation for opening (i.e., the (...) (24 years ago, 30-Sep-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Warthog Anyone?

(...) Thanks! The idea for the cockpit came directly from my ex-co-worker Niko. He loves detail work like that. I have plans to continue building deep details into my mechs and space creations. If you like this, wait until you see M-Tron Alpha (the (...) (24 years ago, 30-Sep-00, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Re: Warthog Anyone?

I really like the cockpit, Dave. The controls are very nicely made, and I like the techy-looking stuff behind the pilot. ~Mark (24 years ago, 30-Sep-00, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Re: Warthog Anyone?

(...) Many more pics now....enjoy! (24 years ago, 29-Sep-00, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Introducing the LUG Box

(...) With that being said, I'd like to announce that LUGOLA will be starting a *LUG box on November 4th. Ideally, we'd love to ship it to a LUG that is meeting on the 11th or 18th so it can begin moving. The idea is to get another activity going at (...) (24 years ago, 29-Sep-00, to lugnet.market.jambalaya, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Re: Warthog Anyone?

(...) To answer your questions: 1)Yes, the legs are remarkably solid given how they were made. I'll have close- ups later today. 2)Overkill Pic? Done. 3)It doesn't fit into the tri-war. It is produced by and outside company and won't see any (...) (24 years ago, 29-Sep-00, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Re: Warthog Anyone?

(...) Very cool Dave. I like the legs. They are solid looking. Also that trans orange works well (and is one of my least favorite colors). I'd like to see a full picture with maybe Overkill for comparison. And how does this fit into the "tri-war"? (...) (24 years ago, 29-Sep-00, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Warthog Anyone?

Well, I've felt inspried this week by a couple of different things. First, but the mechcommander page-specifically, the shadowcat. Secondly, by Bryce McGlone's Big Blue, and finally, by a gentleman I worked with until this week. He's just gotten (...) (24 years ago, 29-Sep-00, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Windows on ebay

Hi All, Just wanted to bring to your attention these huge lots of white windows on ebay for all you town/train builders. I am not selling them. (URL) (Big windows) and (URL) (little ones) Not to mention the prices! Mark (24 years ago, 27-Sep-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: LUGOLA Meeting #4-9/23/00

Dave Thanks for hosting our best meeting yet. I had a blast seeing everyone's latest creations. -Henry P.S. I apologize for giving you a faulty link. The correct link is: (URL) forgot the ".html") (24 years ago, 26-Sep-00, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Re: LUGOLA Meeting #4-9/23/00

(...) Thanks for the clarification Dave. I've just logged on and was reading the news. Anyone wanting to see the space tourist bubble bus (egg crate) can see it here: (URL) spider Mecha "Cobba" mit legs is here: (URL) the amazement at the talent and (...) (24 years ago, 26-Sep-00, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Re: LUGOLA Meeting #4-9/23/00

(...) One big fat me too on this one. Had me singing "Ebony and Ivory" all the way home! Bryce McGlone (24 years ago, 26-Sep-00, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Re: LUGOLA Meeting #4-9/23/00

Just a quick correction here, Scott, and please correct me if I'm wrong, but the space bus belonged to Mr. Spacerocks himself, Rick. Spider Mech is Rick's as well. Roy brought some incredible ancient Lego to show off, as well as some cool catalogs (...) (24 years ago, 25-Sep-00, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Re: LUGOLA Meeting #4-9/23/00

Some of my most memorable memories from last meeting are as follows (in no particular order): 1. Everyone being astounded as Bryce pulled "Big Blue" from his box. As impressive as this creation looks on the web, it is nothing compared to viewing (...) (24 years ago, 25-Sep-00, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Re: LUGOLA Meeting #4-9/23/00

It was great meeting all you guys. I had a wonderful time. Bryce McGlone (...) Unfortunately, (...) a (...) fact, (...) pair (...) four (...) on (...) assist (...) (24 years ago, 25-Sep-00, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  LUGOLA Meeting #4-9/23/00

It was a resounding success! Thanks to the seven of you that were there and Brad, who could only be there in the abs (minifig Brad Hamilton). Unfortunately, the webcam met with technical difficulties (VLC curse?), but otherwise it was a fantastic (...) (24 years ago, 25-Sep-00, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Re: Variation on a theme: My Podracer

John, Thanks for the wonderful comments. I'll admit that it was an exercise to see which parts I could cram into the main model while eliminating the colors blue and green. The main pod 'spine' is the insectoin leg I received as part of a trade and (...) (24 years ago, 23-Sep-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact