 Local / United States / California / *1054 (-100)
  Re: Mindstorms RDS at Frys $69

So was this a "today only" thing, or should I stop by Saturday? What about the RIS? (...) -- Tom Stangl ***(URL) Visual FAQ home ***(URL) Bay Area DSMs (24 years ago, 13-May-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Mindstorms RDS at Frys $69

The Robotics Discovery Set is $69 at Fry's today. ("Scout" - a Blue programable brick, 2 motors, 2 clutch gears, 2 touch sensors, 380 other parts). You can program it from the LCD interface or get a remote control. Trivia: Motor "C" on the remote (...) (24 years ago, 13-May-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Robot Discovery 9735 $99 at Fry's Electronic

Fry's Electronic has the Mindstorm Robot Discovery 9735 set for $99 (normally $150) until May 9th. The ad was for the Southern California ones but may also apply to the ones up north. (24 years ago, 7-May-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Re: Must-See Museums: Lego Ocean Adventure

(...) It runs from April 1-September 17th and you can get $1.00 off admission coupons from Toys R Us. Info is also at (URL) according to the coupons. Maggie C. (24 years ago, 5-May-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ca)

  Must-See Museums: Lego Ocean Adventure

Quoted from "Parents", April 2000, p. 276 Under the title "MUST-SEE MUSEUMS" ___...___ Lego Ocean Adventure Bay Area Discovery Museum, Sausalito, California: 415-487-4398 Dive into an imaginary underwater world made from nearly 200,000 Legos (sic). (...) (24 years ago, 5-May-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ca)

  Re: My temporary site is up

(...) Shiri, That is the one downfall of older webcams. I can view the room just fine, but focusing on anything less than a foot away will be blurry. Hopefully, I'll have a nice new cam soon, but this is four year old equipment I'm using (eyeball (...) (24 years ago, 29-Apr-00, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.build.minifigs)

  Re: My temporary site is up

(...) Great job, Dave! Those look good, put the pictures are quite blurry... does your camera have any manual-focus option? If so, I suggest using it- it's a fabulous function, and allows you to take close-up pics without the blurriness. hth, -Shiri (24 years ago, 29-Apr-00, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.build.minifigs)

  My temporary site is up

As promised: (URL) is always appreciated, but won't be acted upon until I get the full site up and running. (24 years ago, 29-Apr-00, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.build.minifigs)

  Re: Znap

(...) Thanks for the offer, but an apology is not necessary. Besides, I've already got all the Znap I want. Actually, I don't like it that much. I built one model of each of four sets and it was fun, but I don't like it as much as either Lego or (...) (24 years ago, 28-Apr-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Znap

I'm sorry, Eric - I didn't get in to the TRU until late Friday night. I would sell the Znap to you at the $22.50 + tax cost by way of apology, if you want. Paul Sinasohn bearitone@my-deja.com (24 years ago, 28-Apr-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Orange County Register doing a story on adult LEGO collectors

(...) I get the Register. It is a fairly big daily--bigger, locally, than the LA Times, at any rate. It's a Hyper-Libertarian publication, of the privatize-the-sidewalks variety. The article appared about a week ago, in the Accent section next to (...) (24 years ago, 27-Apr-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca)

  Re: FOTD 4560 + X-Wing

(...) Yup. I got my 4561 from Toysmart for $72. Russell Clark, BayLUG/BayLTC (URL) 39423705 (24 years ago, 26-Apr-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: FOTD 4560 + X-Wing

(...) I got a copy of 4561 with the speed controller at the salvation army for 50% off. it was open but contained all of the pieces, including a speed regulator (which is almost worth as much as what i paid for it). the set had target stickers all (...) (24 years ago, 26-Apr-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Znap

(...) I think the better time to post that information would have been last week! I didn't get any replies to my previous request for information... Btw, did you know 2 out of 3 of the $20 sets also have 9V motors? I noticed a difference, though. (...) (24 years ago, 26-Apr-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Znap

The Winchester TRU had the "blackmobile" $20 set and the $30 helicopter transport set last week, but none of the smaller ones. BTW, they also had the Millenia Throwbot with the free legoland ticket (child free with paid adult). -gyug (...) (24 years ago, 25-Apr-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Znap

(...) The Emeryville TRU had a good selection last week during the BOGO50 sale, so i got a $29.95 set with a 9volt motor, figuring that $22.50 isn't too bad for a motor set.... Paul Sinasohn (24 years ago, 25-Apr-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Znap

The Sunnyvale TRU now has Znap. Two small sets, a $10 set, three different $20 sets, and a $30 set. Quantities were good. Too bad the BOGO50% is over. /Eric McC/ (24 years ago, 25-Apr-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  May 27th (Re: next Lugola meeting)

Ok, so it'll be Saturday, May 27th, at noon, at my apartment. I'll send out a reminder as the day approaches. Hope to see you. Henry (24 years ago, 25-Apr-00, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Re: FOTD 4560 + X-Wing

(...) I would have to disagree that the used 4561 for $92 is a good deal. These were regularly available new for less than that from a couple of online companies (KBkids, ToySmart) as well as at Targets after Christmas. In fact, there are even some (...) (24 years ago, 25-Apr-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: FOTD 4560 + X-Wing

Hi, Is there a need for 4560/4561? I think I can put my hands on a few sets. Eric. (...) (24 years ago, 25-Apr-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  FOTD 4560 + X-Wing

Toy Go Round yields another find. #4560/4561 Railway Express, 99.9% complete for $92 and an X-wing, also 99% complete for $20. Not bad. Some fantastic parts for such a crappy train design. Mike P., Tom S., and Zonker, I will be sending out e-mails (...) (24 years ago, 25-Apr-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: next Lugola meeting

I believe that since Henry has agreed to hold it again, he will have final say on the time we start. If he is agreeable to noon, that would also allow us to break relatively early for those who need to go. Henry, when you decide on the time, send an (...) (24 years ago, 25-Apr-00, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Re: next Lugola meeting

WOW, first off I didn't know the mighty Todd had set up a group for us. The 27th sounds alright to me, and any time is agreeable as well. Just keep me posted on all the details. Scott (...) (24 years ago, 25-Apr-00, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Re: next Lugola meeting

I'm free to host a meeting on any weekend in May. Shall we say Saturday the 27th? And we can start it earlier than 3:00. All suggestions welcome. Henry (...) (24 years ago, 24-Apr-00, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Re: next Lugola meeting

I would like to make a suggestion that it not start at 3:00 in the afternoon, as I would have to leave by 4:00 to be able to beat the traffic out of LA unless I want to stay until 7 and not get home until 11:00, as I am interested in attending, but (...) (24 years ago, 24-Apr-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  next Lugola meeting

After the March meeting there was talk of the next meeting being held in May. Well it is the last week of April and I haven't heard anything yet. Are there any plans in the works? I ask only because I need to make plans as far in advance as (...) (24 years ago, 24-Apr-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Re: Legoland CA expansion news

Hmm, I wonder if they turned a profit their first year. Does anyone know? Adrian Egli <AdrianJEgli@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:FtBo09.1wH@lugnet.com... (...) (URL) (...) (24 years ago, 21-Apr-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd)

  Legoland CA expansion news

I saw this in the news today. (URL) (24 years ago, 20-Apr-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd)

  Orange County Register doing a story on adult LEGO collectors

A reporter with The Orange County Register (a "fairly big daily" in Southern California) is writing a story about adult LEGO collectors. He's looking (I presume to interview and/or visit it) for a couple people in Orange County, California. Not sure (...) (24 years ago, 16-Apr-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca)

  More stuff I almost forgot!

#8412 Technic Nighthawk - set is missing only blue chair. Rear small dark gray rod loop is damaged at one end. All other pieces in used but good condition. This set contains the gray ring with four ball hitches. Instructions in good condition. Two (...) (24 years ago, 14-Apr-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  FSOT: Classic Space, Trains, #540, #354, Ice Planet

Greetings all, I finally got all my trade and sale stuff organized and here it is, followed by my new Want list. I know a few of you have often voiced your distress with the lack of good used toy stores in your arear, so I wanted to offer some of (...) (24 years ago, 12-Apr-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Lego get together Saturday April 15th

Hello, all! I am having a get together on this upcoming Saturday at my place (Selma, CA - just outside of Fresno) and will be having all the local Adult Lego Fans here and was wondering if you wanted to come down. I am free all day Saturday and if (...) (24 years ago, 10-Apr-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca.fno, lugnet.loc.us.ca.bak, lugnet.loc.us.ca.mod, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sac, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sto)

  (canceled)

  (canceled)

  Znap

Hello, The Sunnyvale TRU still doesn't have any Znap. It's in the computer but not on the shelves. Has anyone seen Znap in the Bay Area, and if so where? Thanks, /Eric/ (24 years ago, 7-Apr-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Lego Buys Interactive Toy Co. Zowie

Some of you might find this of intrest...i found it in the Yahoo! news sections from an article yesterday. -Mike Lego Buys Interactive Toy Co. Zowie COPENHAGEN, Denmark (AP) - Lego is acquiring interactive toymaker Zowie Intertainment in a deal that (...) (24 years ago, 7-Apr-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Lego R2D2

A large Lego R2D2 with "guess the number of bricks" is at the Mountain View Walmart. /Eric/ (24 years ago, 6-Apr-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Color sorting LEGO bricks...

Well, yes, I suppose I could. But then again, the mindstorms version won't remove Walnut shells from walnuts and even if it did, I don't think it could do 8 tons per hour. Still, I would like to see a mindstorms one as well. Mike Zonker Harris (...) (24 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Open invitation to build at Mike's house (was Re: FOTW on Blue Tubs from TRU!)

I will be sorting the tubs and building from here on out. If anybody wants to come down and help sort/build modules, let me know when you can come down (3 - 3 1/2 hour drive from San Jose) and I will treat you to lunch/dinner while you are here. The (...) (24 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Color sorting LEGO bricks...

Mike Poindexter wrote (in part): (...) So, couldn't you just use some technic parts to make a conveyor and shaker, using 9-V motors to shake/vibrate the assembly to move parts past the Mindstorms light sensor, and us a motor to knock the "detected" (...) (24 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: FOTW on Blue Tubs from TRU!

Mark, I can't buy them for less than one cent each, so selling them for that after working on them isn't possible. Besides, I offer them out at one cent for thousands and let the market set the price. I go as fast as I can on the auctions and make (...) (24 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: FOTW on Blue Tubs from TRU!

I know this is a Kerosene Cat[1], so I am not going to ask my dad. I don't really want our state of the art nut plant featured as a Lego sorting station. The big problem with the sorting equipment is that it is used for sorting walnuts. Walnuts (...) (24 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  RE: FOTW on Blue Tubs from TRU!

Hi, It also just occurred to me that you could do some serious damage on ebay with an efficient, cheap bulk sorting system, and new bricks at less than 1 cent each... Hum. Maybe bulk bricks from S@H, or incredible simulation, is not too far off. (...) (24 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  RE: FOTW on Blue Tubs from TRU!

Hi, Wow, I say, it never hurts to ask your dad. He might get a kick out of it. Worst he could say is NO, are you nuts! Would make a nice newspaper article w/ color photo, etc. though. What does the company usually use the equipment for when not (...) (24 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: NMRA

I could use one, if there is an advantage to registering with the group, or I can register on my own, since I'm a member of NMRA. Let me know. Paul Sinasohn bearitone@my-deja.com (24 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  april fool stuff

this was passed on to me on 4/1 because my co-worker know I do lego stuff. not sure how many people on this list seen it already... April Fools day aviation news.. NASA CONTRACTS WITH DANISH COMPANY FOR FUTURE PLANETARY PROBES... Faced with rampant (...) (24 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: NMRA

i would be interested in going to the train event in August...i would be able to supply some rolling stock and maybe a building or two(if there is room). I agree with the Mr. Poindexter that we display MOC's instead of Lego trains since some of the (...) (24 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  (canceled)

  RE: NMRA

With several pounds of ABS on the tabletop, I find myself wondering: Has anyone burned a brick lately? How fast does it burn? How hard is it to put out? Can a cigarette ignite a baseplate? -gyug (...) (24 years ago, 3-Apr-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  RE: NMRA

Hi all, I don't remember his name (shame on me!), but a guy at the last meet had some nice cut-away multi-story buildings. His table was in the back, and he also wanted red windows. The buildings were only about 8-10 deep I would guess, and had big (...) (24 years ago, 3-Apr-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: NMRA

(...) I might try some cut-away buildings on the left and right edges of the town, but the middle section won't allow them very easily, as the track is right next to the edge. (...) The tabletop is 29.75" high on the legomodular tables. Tabletop (...) (24 years ago, 3-Apr-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  RE: NMRA

Hi Mike, I think your approach to buy and install a 1-2 ft Plexiglas wall, like a sneeze guard, is the best. Then you can run the layout all the way to the edge. I can help with this if needed. There is a decent TAP plastics in Fremont. How would (...) (24 years ago, 3-Apr-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: NMRA

Although I am almost done with the track plan, I need to get with Tom Stangl and Zonker on one development we had - any crowd barriers have to be part of our layout, which means that having 2' roped off cuts our layout to 6'x11', which is pretty (...) (24 years ago, 3-Apr-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: NMRA

(...) I'm planning on being there. Russell (24 years ago, 3-Apr-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: NMRA

(...) Dunno if things will be the same, but at the MSP NMRA con last summer we were able to wangle a large number of people into attendance somewhat "informally" by talking to the groups cooordinator the day of the show. I was willing to risk it (...) (24 years ago, 3-Apr-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  RE: NMRA

Hi, How many badges do you think you can you get? I know Ross and I would like badges to go, and could help set-up, operate etc. Can we pool/share them? Do you know the layout exhibit hours? What's the verdict on how many/types non-module (...) (24 years ago, 3-Apr-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  NMRA

I received the info packet from the NMRA. I need to fill it out and send it in soon and wanted to get some info from the people in BayLTC. I am posting here in addition to mailing out in case some are not yet on the mail list. These are the parts I (...) (24 years ago, 3-Apr-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  LUGOLA newsgroup?

Dear Mr. Lehman If it's no trouble, could you set up a LUGOLA (LEGO User Group of Los Angeles) newsgroup, i.e. lugnet.org.us.lugola? We just had our first meeting and it would be really helpful, and ego boosting, if we had our own section on Lugnet. (...) (25 years ago, 30-Mar-00, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Re: Great 3/25 meeting

(...) sounds like fun. Hopefully I can make the next meeting. (I had a 24-hour take-home midterm in graph theory last weekend :( (25 years ago, 28-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Re: Great 3/25 meeting

Hi folks, I'm sorry that I couldn't make it, but I'm glad to hear it was fun, and I'm hoping to make it next time. I'd love to see any pictures that might have been snapped, especially of people's creations and/or giant dinosaur sculptures. -Peter (...) (25 years ago, 28-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Re: Great 3/25 meeting

Scott, There were only three of us...this time. We still had a great time exchanging ideas, trading, and showing off our creations. Perhaps we can talk Herny into posting the 'in-progress' pictures of his newest creation. Let's just say that he (...) (25 years ago, 28-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Re: Great 3/35 meeting

Sorry I couldn't make it guys, something came up at the last minute. Hope all went well and keep me in the loop for the next meeting. So how was the turnout? Just don't get discouraged even if it was limited, hopefully more of us will show next (...) (25 years ago, 28-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Re: Legos in Slashdot News

In case you missed this story in today's slashdot (yes, it's only a pointer to Excite): (URL) reprise of the Tom Stangle LEGO story written up by the associated press...seems trimmed down, and doesn't have photos, but still...Enjoy!) -Z- (URL) (25 years ago, 27-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Legos in Slashdot News

The new stuff in the article is a mention of the IBM event last Wednesday, an after-hours event down by the convention center put on by Renegade Marketing. I and three others helped demo Lego Mindstorms, and it was quite fun. The Lego visual (...) (25 years ago, 27-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  LEGO Robot in Mt. View Voice article?

In the 3/24 issue, on page 8, it looks like a technic contraption, although the 2/3-page article never states that the robot (or competition) included LEGO parts. There is a thumbnail picture on the cover, plus a much larger image on page 8. I (...) (25 years ago, 27-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Legos and Myth 2

How many of you already have Myth II? ---...--- Begin Forwarded Message ---...--- From: Paul Rybicki <rybicki@corp.webtv.net> Subject: Legos and Myth 2 Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 15:18:53 -0800 (URL) those of you with Myth 2 (available for 20 bucks now (...) (25 years ago, 27-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  I forgot one thing . . .

I also chanced upon an MISB #4552 Cargo Crane for $20. This is the only Train set to come with green Train doors. I will be adding this set to the list of the others when I offer them for trade or sale. Dave (25 years ago, 27-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  FOTM! Castle + Space

Hey all, Toy Go Round comes through again! I purchased six bags of very promising-looking stuff two weeks ago. After some sorting, perusing of Fibblesnork, and downloading of instructions, here's what I've managed to reconstruct: #6020 Magic Shop (...) (25 years ago, 27-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Doh!

3/35? 35 days in March? Or was that a slip of the finger? 3/25 is the proper title....sorry about that. (25 years ago, 27-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Great 3/35 meeting

Henry and Rick, thanks for making the meeting so much fun for me. I eagerly await our next meeting in May, and encourage others in the Los Angeles area to join us. Great creations, idea exchanges, and parts trades were had by all. I promise not to (...) (25 years ago, 27-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Re: Carlsbad still crowded?

One word to prevent being there with the crowds: weekday I was there recently on a Friday and there couldn't have been more than 1,000 people in the park. It made sightseeing quite pleasant. If you have to go on the weekend, I suggest arriving at (...) (25 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.general)

  LUGOLA meeting: Saturday, March 25th, 2000

Here's an announcement for the first official LUGOLA meeting to take place on Saturday, March 25th, 2000 at my apartment in Redondo Beach. Email me for directions if I haven't already sent them to you. Hope to see you. Henry (25 years ago, 22-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.org.us)

  Re: MODEL BART TRAIN

Michael Kay wrote about his BART train car... (...) That still takes you to the main page, without a link to the BART page just yet. Fortunately, he uses an easily-guessed page name, so use (URL) Regards, -Z- (URL) (25 years ago, 22-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.trains)

  Re: MODEL BART TRAIN

(...) picked (...) a (...) click here: (URL) to see the BART car...... (Mike hadn't quite got the addy right) They do look quite nice however. Not too sure if right, since I have only been on BART once. I went downtown on a BART, it kind of (...) (25 years ago, 22-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.trains)

  MODEL BART TRAIN

Ive just completed a model of a BART train with the some of the pieces i picked up at the BAYLTC meeting earlier this month......Some commented that i was on a "gray quest" for grey pieces.....i obviously didn't get enough grey pieces because i only (...) (25 years ago, 22-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: What makes an acronym (was: Re: quick question)

"Todd Lehman" <lehman@javanet.com> wrote in message news:FrGuM6.6nH@lugnet.com... (...) letters (...) but (...) Well, as a card-carrying member of the organization that is the undisputed king of acronyms, just thought I would throw in my 200 Won (...) (25 years ago, 21-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  RE: Buildings, etc. for BAYLTC NMRA Layout

Hmmm... that would be simple, if I can scrape up enought canopy pieces and/or some tall (11H) corridor walls. --- Paul Sinasohn CASA Associate - Writing Bass, Raw Silk There's a fine line between a groove and a rut - where are you today?? (...) --== (...) (25 years ago, 21-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  RE: Buildings, etc. for BAYLTC NMRA Layout

So how about a band stand/shell? mark (...) (25 years ago, 21-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: General Box #4 - I gave it to someone at the meeting

Tom, you didn't miss much - there was virtually nothing of interest in it. I emptied most of an Amazon Airship set into it just to add some bulk.... Paul Sinasohn (...) into (...) and (...) (25 years ago, 20-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: LUGOLA Meeting-7 days and counting....

Hi Henry, I see your back. That sounds good to me. Someone mentioned Santa Monica. I wouldn't mind except I don't have enough room for a bunch of people (too much Lego :)) And parking is a problem. (...) (25 years ago, 19-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.org.us)

  Re: LUGOLA Meeting-7 days and counting....

Hi folks According to this thread, it looks like March 25th is going to be the date of the first official LUGOLA meeting. As I mentioned earlier, I proposed our first meeting to take place at my apartment in Redondo Beach, so if there aren't any (...) (25 years ago, 19-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.org.us)

  Re: What makes an acronym (was: Re: quick question)

Which reminds me of one of my fave acronyms... for an editor somewhat like the world's best editor. MINCE = MINCE Is Not Complete Emacs (...) As for what I keep in *my* wallet? (this *is* .geek, after all)... a vi reference card. vi is the devil's (...) (25 years ago, 19-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  LUGOLA Meeting-7 days and counting....

Don't ask me why I'm feeling giddy about it, but I can't wait for March 25th to get here.... I'm loading up the big rig with my LEGO creations now just so I won't have to do it last minute. ;-) March 25th, Santa Monica, time?, address?, carpool (...) (25 years ago, 19-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.org.us)

  Re: General Box #4 - I gave it to someone at the meeting

Crud, I didn't know there was another Jambalaya box, or I would have traded into it! (...) -- Tom Stangl ***(URL) Visual FAQ home ***(URL) Bay Area DSMs (25 years ago, 18-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

Todd Lehman wrote in message ... (...) letters (...) but (...) This calls for something I like so much, I keep it in my wallet: ACRONYM: A Contrived Reduction Of Nomenclature Yielding Mnemonics Frank (25 years ago, 18-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  General Box #4 - I gave it to someone at the meeting

David, did you end up with that box?? It should be sent on when you are done - let me know how much it costs you and I'll pay for it at the June meeting. Paul Sinasohn bearitone@my-deja.com (25 years ago, 18-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Buildings, etc. for BAYLTC NMRA Layout

In lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, Mike Poindexter writes: I snipped it all for brevity, I brought my tunnel on sunday and believe it is too small for the NMRA display at this time. I can work on expanding it if you think it is worthwhile. One of our other (...) (25 years ago, 16-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Buildings, etc. for BAYLTC NMRA Layout

I can't absolutely promise, but I think that a carousel would fit nicely in a 32x32 plot..... I'll do my best.... And I want to thank everyone involved in the train meeting for allowing the break that let me get to my concert on time... The audience (...) (25 years ago, 16-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Public Thank You

I wish to make a big thanks to those in BayLUG who helped me out on this last 3033 sale at Toy's R Us. Thanks to Tom Stangl, Eric McCarthy, Paul Sinasohn and Fred Yorkel, I was able to get an additional 92 more of the tubs, which will eventually (...) (25 years ago, 16-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  BayLTC = Bay Area LEGO Train Club

Mik wrote; (...) Well, *technically*, the acronym would be the BALTC...but the Bay Area LINUX Users Group was around first, so we became BayLUG (pronounced: BAY-lug), and so the founding members of the new train club voted at the recent LEGO fest to (...) (25 years ago, 15-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: sorry

(...) Nope, not a stir at all. This is place where we discuss all kinds of stuff, sometimes ad nauseum, or even at great length :) There's a lot of people here, so potentially you can get a lot of responses. -Tom McD. (25 years ago, 15-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  sorry

sorry to make such a stir but i was just checking to what the BAYLTC acronym stood for -mik (25 years ago, 15-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: What makes an acronym (was: Re: quick question)

(...) I used to think Merriam Webster was "one smart woman". Now, I know that she employs others to do most of her thinking for her ;-) Wellllllll, okay. As long as it's a friendly nit pick :) I defer to superior wisdom and sit corrected. Of course (...) (25 years ago, 15-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: What makes an acronym (was: Re: quick question)

(...) Don't forget Pokemon (PO_c_KE_t MON_ster) :) <ducks> seriously, though... lots of things that we encounter every day are acronyms, even if their original meaning has been forgotten by most people... two examples I can think of off the top of (...) (25 years ago, 15-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  What makes an acronym (was: Re: quick question)

(...) Just a friendly nit to pick... :) Acronyms don't actually have to be words which come from only single letters (such as scuba = _s_elf _c_ontained _u_nderwater _b_reating _a_pparatus), but can actually pull multiple letters from words. An (...) (25 years ago, 15-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: quick question

(...) Yes. Sort of. Mostly. Read on. (...) generically (...) kinda (...) BayLTC or bayLTC is to be thought of as Bay Area Lego Train Club, but that's technically not a true acronym. But BayLUG itself is not 100% acronym either, but it wasn't quite (...) (25 years ago, 15-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Buildings, etc. for BAYLTC NMRA Layout

(...) How about a California/Bay Area/Tech stuff? I was looking out of the window today and thought the tech museum looks cool... but then I have no clue whether or not how easy it would be to make an imax dome... and the town would definitely need (...) (25 years ago, 15-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: quick question

(...) Using LUG and LTC is the going standard. Bay stands for "Bay Area." We really couldn't have used BALUG anyway. It is used for the Bay Area Linux Users Group, balug.org. Besides, I have heard many people recognize us as being from the Bay Area (...) (25 years ago, 15-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: quick question

(...) location (...) Well, one thing I like is the immediate tie-in with LUGs and LTCs. I think that the LTC is pretty much standardized, as is LUG, so having the same root would make sense. BALUG would be the Lego Users' Group, anyway. Bay Area (...) (25 years ago, 15-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  quick question

This did not dawn on me until after the train meeting on sunday..... We decided that the name for the train club would be BAYLTC, right? Does the BAY part stand for anything in particular or just or just generically "bay". For some reason i thought (...) (25 years ago, 15-Mar-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact