 Local / United States / Arizona / 162
161  |  163
Subject:
Arizona User Group?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.az
Date:
Wed, 19 Mar 2003 10:49:27 GMT

Hello all,

I just got a chance to read through all of the posts since my initial one.

Some answers:

short on time-I have 3 daughters and another on the way
Location-I am in Chandler

Some questions:

Arizona User Group - Just got partial answers - and May I suggest a name?
You see there is already an AZLUG (Arizona Linux User Group) So to avoid
confusion I would suggest something like Lego-zona or something equally
distinct. (OR maybe we could just take over the Linux user group meetings)

I was going to ask about meeting times etc. but it looks like that is to
be determined.

Are there any local Lego Resources? Like a particular store or goodwill
center or maybe a bookstore that stocks titles? (already checked my local
waldenbooks)

How is a MOC determined to be true Lego (pure?) I use rubber bands for
tension in several situations...; and is that something to concerned
about? (wouldn't know why, just curious, there doesn't seem to be a
blatant "Lego ethics/morals/etiquette" listed anywhere I have found today
on the internet)

Is there any sort of technical reference for the plastics being used (
there seems to be 2 or 3 types among my collection) i.e. tensile strength,
avg. force to separate standard bricks, deformation (is it a solid or
liquid?) resistance to UV (a concern here in the desert) shear strength,
etc.

Anyway, I don't know how much time I could offer to help the creation of a
Local LUG, However participation shouldn't be too much of an issue. I do
know a little bit about building websites, So I help set one up for the
group (although it may take a month or 2).

Thanks in advance for everything.