 Local / United States / Arizona / *305 (-10)
Subject:
LEGO opening a store in Arizona
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.us.az
Date:
Mon, 28 Apr 2008 02:58:46 GMT

LEGO to open store in Chandler Fashion Center

Associated Press - April 26, 2008 2:14 PM ET

CHANDLER, Ariz. (AP) - Danish toy-maker LEGO plans to open a store in Chandler that will sell only the popular interlocking toys.

LEGO has just 20 stores in the U.S. and the store planned for the Chandler Fashion Center will be the first in Arizona.

The store is expected to open this summer. It will sell hard-to-find products for LEGO fans, host birthday parties and monthly building contests, and allow customers to play with the toys in the store.

LEGO global operations manager Justin Tripp says the Phoenix-area has been high on the company’s planned location list. He says the area has a built-in target audience with many families and plenty of adult fans of LEGO toys.

http://www.kold.com/Global/story.asp?S=8231452

-end of report-

Re: New Arizona LEGO Store and Phoenix LEGO Train Club
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.loc.us.az, lugnet.loc.us.az.phx, lugnet.loc.us.az.tuc, lugnet.org.us
Date:
Sun, 27 Apr 2008 11:21:10 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Clark Edwards wrote:
LEGO Store Grand Opening

Coming this summer to Chandler Fashion Center, Arizona's first LEGO store!

The Chandler Fashion Center LEGO Store will feature:

Monthly in-store building contests and events that are free and fun for the
whole family!
The LEGO Pick A Brick Wall: fill up a cup with the bricks and elements of your
choice!
Hands-on building opportunities in the store, every day!
LEGO Birthday Parties with special gifts and goodies, for the ultimate LEGO fan!
Hundreds of LEGO sets and accessories, including new, exclusive and hard-to-find
items!
The biggest and best LEGO sets fully built and out of the box!
Plus, lots of special offers, free gifts with purchase and large-scale building
events!

This is a perfect oprotunity for us to start the first ever Phoenix area LEGO
club.
Whether it be just a user's group or a train club, we as adult LEGO fans need to
get involved. If you would like to join, or help me start a club, let me know.
Just drop a line at:  canadaclark@aol.com or see us at:  www.phxlego.org.

Cheers!

I just read up on this Lego store opening in AZCentral! June 27-29 is the
opening ceremony! Great, no need to go to Ontario (CA) anymore ;) Phoenix Lego
group? Interesting. Let me check that out!

Good day to all!
doeg

Subject:
New Arizona LEGO Store and Phoenix LEGO Train Club
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.loc.us.az, lugnet.loc.us.az.phx, lugnet.loc.us.az.tuc, lugnet.org.us
Date:
Fri, 11 Apr 2008 19:30:34 GMT

[...]

Subject:
New LEGO store in Arizona
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.az, lugnet.loc.us.az.phx, lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 9 Apr 2008 23:04:26 GMT

LEGO Store Grand Opening

Coming this summer to Chandler Fashion Center, Arizona's first LEGO store!

The Chandler Fashion Center LEGO Store will feature:

Monthly in-store building contests and events that are free and fun for the
whole family!
The LEGO Pick A Brick Wall: fill up a cup with the bricks and elements of your
choice!
Hands-on building opportunities in the store, every day!
LEGO Birthday Parties with special gifts and goodies, for the ultimate LEGO fan!
Hundreds of LEGO sets and accessories, including new, exclusive and hard-to-find
items!
The biggest and best LEGO sets fully built and out of the box!
Plus, lots of special offers, free gifts with purchase and large-scale building
events!

This is a perfect oprotunity to start the first ever Phoenix area LEGO club.
Whether it be just a user's group or a train club, we as adult LEGO fans need to
get involved. If you would like to join, or help me start a club, let me know.
Just drop a line at:  canadaclark@aol.com.

Cheers!

Re: Hurry up, Global Warming (to my neighborhood!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.az
Date:
Mon, 12 Feb 2007 16:53:03 GMT

Yeah, we missed those temps by a week:-( Hey, what’s up? I was in Tucson all last week-- didn’t you this this?

AZAFOLs unite!

JOHN

FUT.us/az

Sorry - afraid that I’m firmly in my 4th and most likely permanent Dark Ages (although I have been eyeing that 8 wheel construction crane...for my kid of course “daddy, can I play with the crane now?” “just a minute”). I sold all of my lego through BL a while back and me attending a meeting would probably be depressing to all of you - lol!

Dark Agers Unite! ;-)

Re: Dec is almost over so maybe a meeting in Jan
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.az
Date:
Wed, 24 Jan 2007 16:04:10 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.az, Aaron M. Sneary wrote:
   In lugnet.loc.us.az, John Neal wrote:
   In lugnet.loc.us.az, Mark Chittenden wrote:

   2nd or 4th weekend of January would be ok for me.

Ross and I get in town late on the 28th and leave in the evening on Feb 3.

Do y’all ever get together on a Sunday?

JOHN

To my knowledge, we haven’t ever gotten together, but it’s about time, and you may be our catylist.

I don’t know Tucson well. Is there a decent restaurant co-located to a Toys-R-Us (it’s always fun to do some social lego shopping)

Let’s start planning for the evening of the 28th.

John, how late is late? You guys are coming in by plane?

Whoa, sorry about that-- I didn’t catch this response until just now.

Okay, here’s our plan. We arrive into PHX late 11pm ish this Sat night. And we have a room in Tucson Sun night. We could meet up Sunday afternoon or early eve in PHX if that is better. Where is everyone from?

JOHN

Re: Dec is almost over so maybe a meeting in Jan
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.az
Date:
Wed, 24 Jan 2007 12:44:45 GMT

I unfortunately will be flying out of PHX on the 28th.  I hope you
all are able to meet up.

Nate

On Jan 17, 2007, at 5:49 PM, Aaron Sneary wrote:

In lugnet.loc.us.az, John Neal wrote:
In lugnet.loc.us.az, Mark Chittenden wrote:

2nd or 4th weekend of January would be ok for me.

Ross and I get in town late on the 28th and leave in the evening
on Feb 3.

Do y'all ever get together on a Sunday?

[JOHN]

To my knowledge, we haven't ever gotten together, but it's about
time, and you
may be our catylist.

I don't know Tucson well. Is there a decent restaurant co-located
to a Toys-R-Us
(it's always fun to do some social lego shopping)

Let's start planning for the evening of the 28th.

John, how late is late? You guys are coming in by plane?

Aaron

Re: Dec is almost over so maybe a meeting in Jan
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.az
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 2007 17:49:30 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.az, John Neal wrote:
   In lugnet.loc.us.az, Mark Chittenden wrote:

   2nd or 4th weekend of January would be ok for me.

Ross and I get in town late on the 28th and leave in the evening on Feb 3.

Do y’all ever get together on a Sunday?

JOHN

To my knowledge, we haven’t ever gotten together, but it’s about time, and you may be our catylist.

I don’t know Tucson well. Is there a decent restaurant co-located to a Toys-R-Us (it’s always fun to do some social lego shopping)

Let’s start planning for the evening of the 28th.

John, how late is late? You guys are coming in by plane?

Aaron

Re: Dec is almost over so maybe a meeting in Jan
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.az
Date:
Mon, 18 Dec 2006 16:59:18 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.az, Mark Chittenden wrote:

   2nd or 4th weekend of January would be ok for me.

Ross and I get in town late on the 28th and leave in the evening on Feb 3.

Do y’all ever get together on a Sunday?

JOHN

Re: Dec is almost over so maybe a meeting in Jan
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.az
Date:
Mon, 18 Dec 2006 15:13:04 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.az, Aaron M. Sneary wrote:
In lugnet.loc.us.az, Larry Lesser wrote:
Dec 2006 is almost over. Only 17 days left and no time for a meeting. Oh well,
maybe we can set up a meeting in Jan.

Any thoughts?

Well, February would be better for me, but if you guys pick a January date that
works, I'll see if I can get a babysitter.

Aaron

2nd or 4th weekend of January would be ok for me.

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact