 Local / United States / 308
307  |  309
Subject:
Looking For Parade Float Ideas
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us
Date:
Mon, 11 Jul 2005 16:55:19 GMT

I am thinking of constructing a parade entry out of Legos on a 4 wheeled cart.
I have a year until the parade to come up with ideas & implementation.

The intention of this post is to solicit any suggestions you may have.

I believe that there has to be something moving in the display to make it more
fun, so motorized/RCX controlled items are within reason.

Since the parade is on a normal city street in Northern Indiana the road surface
is not perfectly smooth, so the display will have to be robust enough to take a
few bumps without falling apart (or derailing).

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

For that matter - if a group wants to collaborate to make the "float", that
would be fun too.

Of course, I won't make a decision on exactly what to do until I hear the theme
for the parade in January...but it is never too early to have a reason to buy
more Legos to support the effort.  :)

Bryan Bonahoom