 Local / United Kingdom / England / 72
Re: RFI: Hotels
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk.en
Date:
Fri, 1 Sep 2000 15:20:49 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk.en, Eric Joslin writes:
Hey there,

Whoosh, a tumble weed rolls buy as a post arrives long forgotten group.

This has little or nothing at all to do with Lego, but I was wondering if
native types could do me a big favor and give your impressions of a hotel
chain called "the Thistle"(?).  My family is planning a vacation to London and
my mother just booked a (cancellable) reservation at the Thistle Kensington
Garden.  Any thoughts on the merits and flaws of the chain or this hotel in
particular would be great.

Thanks!

eric

There is one near my mother in Dunfermline*  which is called (for no particular
reason that I am aware off) "The King Malcom Thistle". It looks a little odd,
but I'm sure it is OK inside. I suppose if your folks are a older than I (they
must be) they can rely on the star system, as it relates more to the things
older travellers need, like room service etc (I'm quite happy washing my
underpants and socks in the sink.). Personally, I pick hotels based mostly on
location.

Incidentally, I'm booked in to a hotel in Rio in a couple of weeks time which
is called "The Rio Palace" - such a name can only lead to disappointment!

Scott A

*Once the capital of Scotland