 Local / United Kingdom / 9396
Re: Anyone want a 4778 biplane?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Fri, 11 Mar 2005 12:57:07 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Colin Bell wrote:
Hello folks,

I've just returned from a trip on KLM (Royal Dutch Airline), who have a new
airline exclusive set in their catalogue - number 4778, a single-minifig
propellor biplane in a brown and yellow colour scheme (doesn't look as yukky
as it sounds). I can't find any reference to this set on Brickset or Lugnet
yet, but the set has 108 pieces and is broadly similar to other minifig
biplanes such as 5928 (Adventurer's biplane) except the wings are slightly
swept back, and it is clearly supposed to be an explorer's plane rather than
a warplane as there is a compartment behind the pilot containing some tools,
binoculars etc (although it has air force style roundels on the wings).

Anyway, I brought two spare sets back with me so if anyone would like one
then let me know. The price is 16 Euros (converted to GBP - not sure exactly
how much yet) plus postage. I can email some pictures if you want.

I also bought one for myself - my first Lego purchase for abour a year - I
have been having a mini dark ages.

Sorry, if everyone knows about this set already.

Colin

Hi Colin,

I'll take one please - could you e-mail me with a total and how you'd me to send
the payment. phoenix_dat@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks,
David

PS: I've already tried e-mailing you but it didn't work.