 Local / United Kingdom / 9330
9329  |  9331
Subject:
Scotfest 2004
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Sat, 17 Jul 2004 18:18:02 GMT

I am starting to plan this years (second) Scotfest.

It will be similar to last years, in Aberdour, Fife, which is just over the
Forth Bridge from Edinburgh.
It is on the main east coast railway line and 30 minutes from Edinburgh airport.

The format will be similar to last year which was very successful, with a "show
and tell" where you can bring anything, it could be something you have made, a
favourite set, a book etc.
There will be a few competitions with the emphasis on fun, and a chance to buy,
sell, or swap LEGO.

The main change will be the venue, last year it was in the boat club which had a
fantstic location but was a bit small, so this year it will be in the beach cafe
which is just reopened under a young enthousiastic management.
Instead of my wife providing lunch and tea, the cafe will provide lunch (at a
cost) in return for free use of the cafe.
The cafe is large and most of it will be closed off for our own use.
I have yet to discuss the details and cost but it does seem a good solution to
the problems of venue and catering.

There are many B&B's or small hotels in the village all a few minutes walk from
the railway station or venue, the beach is the "Silver Sands" which is one of
the famous 'Blue Flag' beaches in Scotland.
You could make it a long week end and stay in Aberdour and visit Edinburgh.

The date will probably be in September / October, I'm open to suggestions, but
it will not be the 18/19 September as I will be at Cupar with my trains that
weekend. It will be a Saturday.

I'm looking for some response to see if I should go ahead and book the venue and
to see how many will attend and so get an idea of the cost.

David