 Local / United Kingdom / 8941
Re: Wintershill Signal Works
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 2 Feb 2003 23:20:16 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Stuart Jones writes:
The gang at the Wintershill Signal Works have been busy again...

1-3. I used to love watching the signalman at my local station as a kid, so
I've always wanted to build a proper gated level crossing, worked by a large
gate wheel, just as I remember it. You can just see the end wall of the
signal box (cabin) under construction, which houses the gate wheel, and part
of the mechanism to the right.

Whoa.. Very nice! These actually swing across the track??? wild! How often
do trains plow through them?

9-11. 3-plank (or 3-tile?) open wagon, with brake levers and vacuum-brake
pipes fitted. Underframe view shows the vacuum cylinder and brake shaft.
Will anyone ever see this? Who cares, I know it's there....

Exactly. The true craftsman knows it needs to be there, so it is. Spot on.

Very nice stuff. Spotlighted. Thanks for sharing!