 Local / United Kingdom / 8900
8899  |  8901
Subject:
You will be exterminated...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Tue, 21 Jan 2003 22:25:32 GMT

Hiya

Blimey it's a long while since I posted in here. Anyway...

Recently I've become all nostalgic about my childhood nemesis*, the Daleks.

I bought one of the new radio controlled daleks, and it's a lot of fun but
I'm a bit disappointed by the construction quality .. it seems a bit cheaply
put together (but I suppose that makes it authentic in comparison to the BBC
daleks).

Naturally, I thought it would be nice to have a Lego companion for it.
Particularly, I thought it would be cool to have an autonomous
Mindstorms-controlled version. I did a quick search for 'Lego Dalek' and
found a few pages, including the minifig-scale daleks at
http://www.multiboard.com/~marlon/dwpage3.htm, but none big enough to house
an internal RCX.

So.. does anybody here know of such a thing? If there are no existing ones,
then I'll set about designing my own, but I thought it would save
reinventing the proverbial wheel.

Colin

* I have a picture somewhere of a much smaller version of myelf reluctantly
standing next to a BBC dalek at an exhibition. Believe me, you have never
seen such an expression of terror. Of course, I should have realised that
all I needed to do was run up some stairs**

** Yes, I know that's a myth. Everyone knows that daleks can get upstairs by
floating on their pink energy beams!