 Local / United Kingdom / 8705
8704  |  8706
Subject:
8851 for sale to good home...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 18:39:50 GMT

Hi all

I know I should probably be posting this to buy-sell-trade, but I'd like to
plead special circumstances.

I recently acquired an 8851 Excavator from a charity shop.  It's unopened
and in good condition.  The box shows some minor wear - the corners and
parts of the edges have white crease marks.  There's the remnants of a price
sticker on the front - about 2cm x 2cm.  One or two of the grey beams have
suffered some ultra-violet yellowing and are very slightly shaded
grey-green.

I didn't pay much for this, knowing that while it's not really my thing (I'm
eyeing up some of the castle sets from S@H) I know that some of the
loc.uker's would probably be interested.  I'm not looking for a vast profit,
that's not my motivation, so I'm thinking of something like a quick (7 days)
auction via e-mail and posted here.

I'd be happy to answer any queries etc in as much detail as possible.

Thanks for your time

David
(who has, admittedly, been lurking for far too long without a post)