 Local / United Kingdom / 856
855  |  857
Subject:
WHSmiths
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Fri, 25 Jun 1999 17:57:53 GMT

Hiya

My local WHSmiths is having a sale and although there isn't any Lego on the
actual 'Sale' shelves, I noticed that they have cut the prices on many sets
(not including Star Wars sets). A few sets that were £5/£6 are now £3/£4 and
a couple of £11 sets are now £5.50 including the Insectoid set with the
sound unit (can't remember the set number).

They also have some 4217 Basic brick boxes for £4.99, I think these were
about £10 or £11 before. At the original price these were a bit of a rip off
compared to the 1857 box that was available a year ago, but at £4.99 they
seem much better value. I would have bought one if I hadn't bought another
Znap set 3552 for £5.98 from Beatties (just for the Technic motor) - but
there's always tomorrow...

--
Colin
numbersix@freshfroot.freeserve.co.uk