 Local / United Kingdom / 8442
Re: Couple of MOCs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Wed, 7 Aug 2002 20:42:13 GMT

On Wed, 7 Aug 2002, Alastair Disley (<Pine.SOL.3.95L.1020807153330.7108A
-100000@tower.york.ac.uk>) wrote at 14:44:57

A quick attempt to "establish my credentials" prior to LLW on the 10th!
Firstly, a 1967 mark 1.5 2+2 Jaguar E-type, built when I was a teenager,
before my "dark years" (which weren't that dark), but never actually
dismantled.  So by no means perfect, but I'm kind of attached to it the
way it is.

Photo at http://www-users.york.ac.uk/~acd114/lego/etype.jpg

Needs a good dusting! :-)

Secondly, a go at an alternative model of the 8437 "Future Car" of 1997 -
the first Lego set I bought in recent times (well, at less than half price
in Woolworths, I gave in!).  It's a kind of monster truck meets Baja
beetle job - the beetle look is better from the rear than in this photo.
With steering, V4 engine etc. as the original.  And no extra pieces.

http://www-users.york.ac.uk/~acd114/lego/buggy.jpg

Very nice. There's definitely some sort of beetleness about it.

See some of you on Saturday when Helen and I are in the morning session -
be nice to us, we're new to the AFOL scene!

A nicer bunch of people you could hardly wish to meet. But I would say
that, wouldn't I? :-)

See you Saturday.
--
Tony Priestman