 Local / United Kingdom / 8385
8384  |  8386
Subject:
Great Western Lego Train Show (GWLTS)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 20:28:54 GMT

    Great Western Lego Train Show (GWLTS)
                                at
Steam - Museum of the Great Western Railway
                           Swindon.

In association with the NBLTC, I am planning a Lego train show to be
held at the Steam Museum in Swindon,

   - date to be determined but likely to be mid-November, (the Steam
     museum have agreed but I am waiting for final confirmation of the
date)

   - public Lego train display co-ordinated by the NBLTC, in the
    `Caerphilly Castle' area (i.e. alongside a big steam engine :-)

   - GWR themed MOC competition

   - "reduced admission to the museum", to be negotiated

   - more to be added....

We also may have the option of holding a "fest" at the same time, or
maybe on the Sunday. This would be in a separate room and can be
a non-public event for trading etc.

For more information on the Steam museum visit their web-site at,
               http://www.steam-museum.org.uk/

The Steam museum is next door to an Outlet shopping centre,
   http://www.mcarthurglen.com/centres/home.cfm?centre=swindon
so why not combine a visit to the show with some early Christmas
shopping, or something for other family members to do while you  visit
the show....

Comments would be welcome, also an idea of attendance, although I
appreciate this is somewhat forward planning.

If there is anybody else in the Swindon area who would like to help
please let me know. I will be at LegoLand on 10:Aug.

Otherwise keep this in mind for mid-November and more details will
follow.....

Mark Palmer
mark@jumare.freeserve.co.uk
http://jumare.freeserve.co.uk/lego