 Local / United Kingdom / 814
Re: Ep1 Cheapest Price List
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Mon, 14 Jun 1999 17:11:17 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Huw Millington writes:

7141 Naboo Fighter       £14.09 - Makro: Halesowen

13.99 Argos, New Oxford St, and probably across the country on Friday.

Huw

My earlier 'half price star wars legos' post drew no response, however, I was
in Weston again this weekend and visited the same car boot sale.

Again the trader had Star wars lego's INCLUDING episode 1 at 'half price'
I had assumed previously that they were bankrupt stock, however, talking to
the trader, they were supplied from the warehouse of a pucka distributor, whom
he visited very week an picked up a few pieces in line with demand at various
markets he attended.

Half price is of course slightly misleading, half what particular price?

In this case the prices were slightly above normal shop prices before the 50%
cut but that left them very favourably priced.

e.g. on his stall this week were
Naboo fighter - £10.00
Sith Infaltrator - £15.00
Anakins pod racer - £6.50
X wing - £15.00
Snow speeder - £10.00

He was quite happy to take orders. As I was waiting a granny next to me was
just taking delivery of a sith Infaltrator that she had asked for, so she
could keep it as a xmas present for her grandson.

I have no reason to doubt the legality, etc of this trader. He appears to be
there everyweek, everything very open and above board, and sells other items
besides Lego. He just appears to do it at much lower profit margins due to
lower costs.

I know where I am buying my Lego!

regards
lawrence