 Local / United Kingdom / 8084
Re: Best Bootsale find of the year (so far)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Mon, 6 May 2002 09:47:06 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Jason Briscoe writes:
All,

Thought I'd just rub it in a little, as today I got some mega bootsale =
bargains. For instance I got 2 MISB Harry potter 4705 for just =A32.00 =
each! far better that the Woolies deal. I also got copies of various =
racers and new alpha team divers sets all MISB all =A32 a go! The seller =
reckons he gets a lego quite often, so needless to say I gave him a card =
and asked that he keeps in touch!

Is that 2 ukp each? sounds more like a back-of-a-lorry sale than a car boot
sale.  It was a very good day yesterday for bargains.  I found at least 10
stalls with either Lego or Duplo, so many that I passed over a BSB in one!
I think the fair weather car booters have surfaced, so get out and grab
those bargains!

I did find a weird lot with old classic space instruction manuals (886 and
6841), got it home and found a LL928 brick!  There was also an old white 1x6
brick with a heavily embossed Lego logo on it (white script, red outline).
Any ideas what set that came in?  I'm guessing late 60s/early 70s.

Mark