 Local / United Kingdom / 796
795  |  797
Subject:
FOTW
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Mon, 7 Jun 1999 08:36:07 GMT

Not really cheap, but a find nonetheless.

I went back to my parents this weekend; they live in a pretty small
village in Suffolk. In the second hand shop was a bunch of 1992-1997 era
Lego, in boxes. I was amazed- it's a tiny place and I'd expected not to
see any second hand stuff anywhere (1)

I got a 6581 dumper and digger, 6145 'aquanaut turbo amphi' (2) and 6879
Ice Planet set, for 15 UKP. When I got them back, they all turned out to
be complete except for a couple of hats and 1x1 rounds in 6581, and a
Octan oil man rather than a building worker. There was a spare tractor
from somewhere, though, so I can't say I'm annoyed.

There were a lot of other (larger) sets there- a 6335 car transporter,
6614 fire truck, 6334 jet ski race and some others, but I'm more space
than town, so I left them. I think the biggest ones were around 10 pounds.

Anyway, a nice part of the weekend.

:: paul

(1) even in Norwich, where I live; except for the classified ads
(2) is this the silliest name ever for a lego set?