 Local / United Kingdom / 7948
7947  |  7949
Subject:
Fest Calendar
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Tue, 16 Apr 2002 10:15:48 GMT

I think it would be useful to agree some fest calendar for the coming
year.
The further in advance dates can be set the better.

Jason and Gael have just proposed mini-fests based on discussions at
LLW.
But there was also a discussion between some that I bring TVLF forward
to the same time frame as no fests were planned.

So...

Currently we have:
CJMF - Clapham Junction  Mini Fest - April 27 or 28th
EMF   - Essex Mini Fest - sometime between May and July
TVLF - Thames Valley Lego Fest - traditionally late September, but
easily changed.
Anything else?

Plus potential summer LLW Fest.

Personally I prefer the Lego Fest (hall) to Mini Fest (home). The cost
of hiring a hall for the day seems marginal to me (particularly if
everyone chips in), and enables so much more to be done. Even if it just
sorting bricks it has to be more accomodating.
The hall in Crowthorne costs me about £60 for the day -  just 20 people
at £3 each and you are covered. And it is very easy to do! Just phone
up, book it, pay, turn up.
Last year I charged £4 (I think) if you were exhibiting/selling and
provided all the food and drink too - though that turned it into a loss.
Not that I was trying to make money mind you - it was my party :-)
You don't have to organise food (like my beloved wife does) if you don't
want to. Everyone can walk to a shop or bring a packed lunch I am sure.

Mind you, my preference is probably as there is no way her indoors would
have you lot trampling over her house. And she would probably make you
all park way down the road and use the back gate - else whatever would
the neighbours think :-)

lawrence