 Local / United Kingdom / 786
785  |  787
Subject:
Day-trip to France
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Sun, 6 Jun 1999 10:40:40 GMT

I went to Calais and Cite Europe yesterday. Here's a quick resume of my LEGO
findings:

I found 1 toy shop in Calais itself, which didn't have anything of any age,
except an 8858 and a sail-and-fly marina, the latter as about 530ff = 53GBP!

Ep4-6 Star Wars sets were almost exactly the same price as here.

I picked up a handful of French catalogues, which are very different to
ours. We have 2 daughters, so bought some Scala of which there was lots - in
fact the shop had almost as much 'girls LEGO' as boys what with Belville, a
few old bits of Paradisa and Scala.

In Cite Europe, TRU had a good selection, but nothing old. No SW episode 1
sets, though. I picked up a couple of 6942's which I have not seen here yet
and a bit more Scala for my kids.

The only other place I found LEGO, in the limited time we had, was in
Carrefour. They didn't have much, mostly Town Jr, but what they did have was
CHEAP! Slizers were 36ff = 3.60GBP, for example. Sadly, no SW otherwise I
would have got a second Tie/Y at that price difference.

The catalogue states the full range of new train sets will be available
there from July. Also, interestingly, their spares catalogue has the
pneumatic reservoir and the fibre optic light source listed.

Huw