 Local / United Kingdom / 7706
Re: help needed 4 registering Lego site domain name!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Tue, 5 Feb 2002 09:06:56 GMT

www.gandi.net is great for non .uk domain names. They are a french company
and their service is excellent. You can point your name to any IP / address
or name server for free and they give you 5 free mail forwarding addresses
as well as a 'catch all' address. They dont supply you with hosting, as its
not their business (as far as I know)
A domain costs about 15 euros a year (8 or 9 pounds) and I don't use anyone
else. You can transfer it when you like but I never do as their service is
pretty spiffy, and I can just point the names to my name servers.

--
James Stacey
---------
www.minifig.co.uk
#925 - I'm a citizen of Legoland travelling Incommunicado

"Darth Joules" <darthjoules@zerzura.com> wrote in message
Greetings all,

I've finally decided to unleash my Lego creations upon the world!!!  I've
decided to do this using a friend's web space on Easynet or set-up some • free
space on FreeUK rather than post pix on Brickshelf.  So I'm looking to
register a domain name for the site and point it to the web space
(web-fowarding / URL masking).  So this my problem is thus:

I need to register a domain name (.com) with a web-fowarding (URL masking)
option.  I don't want any banner ads to appear, nor do I want to register
the domain with any "mickey mouse" company that will rip me off or give me
grief in the future.  In addition I will want to transfer the domain name
sometime in the near future from the company it's parked with to a proper
ISP host (like Easynet).  This is becasue I cannot afford to buy any web
space packages just yet.....been spending far too much on Lego!  ; )

Are there any good, reputable companies in the UK that will do this?

Darth Joules