 Local / United Kingdom / 7612
7611  |  7613
Subject:
Latest look in Toys 'R' Us
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 15:45:50 GMT

I didn't know there were quite so many Racers sets in the new line-up.
There's a lot more single pull-back motor cars (£2-99) there now.  They
mostly contain a few of the new shaped pieces with printing on - a 2x4
panier pack or flared wheel arch, with a 2x2 or 2x3 sculpted or curved slope
- but there are a few clips and hooks in new colours.

I notice that the wheels have undergone a re-mould too.  Comparing to the
old blue shark racer (I had to get that minifig top), the hubs now have
little cross-notches (not technic axle size though) which lock the rotation
to a pair of ribs on the pull-back motor axle.

New thing though - you can now pre-order an X-Box for £20.  Got ticket #1 at
Southampton today.  I can see the pre-orders getting swallowed up pretty
quickly once demo units start appearing in shops, particularly given that
everywhere's sold out of PS2s at the moment.  Cheapest bundle is £390 with
two games and a free controller, though their secret sales blurp says you
can have 1 unit + 1 game + 1 gadget as a minimum if you get uppity.  They'll
make you sign up for a Gold Card too, if you don't already have one (anyone?).

Anyway, what were we talking about?  Oh yes, Lego...

Jason J Railton