 Local / United Kingdom / 7579
  Re: Professional model making at LLW for £69!

(...) guess it was cheaper than building a lift bridge or a bridge that had long approaches and crossed at the height of the conveyor platform upper carriage? Thanks for sharing that. It WOULD be an amazing model. 1 - previous contenders were canal (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Newport Transporter Bridge (Was Re: Professional model making at LLW for £69!)

(...) Well I guess that proves that no-one looks at anyone's profile ;-) It's been down as my 'Someday I will build' for ages. In fact I thought I'd discussed this last year when doing the New Civil Engineer thing (and James Stacey mentioned the use (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Newport Transporter Bridge (Was Re: Professional model making at LLW for £69!)

(...) I think I'm right in saying that the new Royal Victoria Dock Footbridge built (within the last 2 or 3 years) in London Docklands serving ExCel Exhibition Centre will also work in the same way - currently, you can take the stairs or a lift up (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Falkirk Wheel's Link with Lego (was Re: Newport Transporter Bridge)

(...) I was lucky enough to get a tour of the Falkirk Wheel site last year. I did take some pictures (Disclaimer : it was a very dull day & I ran out of film before I got to the tunnel under the Antoine wall and the double lock). The bottom of the (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.uk)