 Local / United Kingdom / 7520
Re: Hard to Find + LLW report
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Fri, 21 Dec 2001 18:26:25 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Scott Arthur writes:
Wild west and rock raiders are now on "hard to find" on Lego.com (UK)... but
they are not cheap!

They are also taking orders for the Daniel Siskind's  3739... £29.99!

Scott A

There were a load of these (including town minifig sets) in a 50% off bin at
LLW last week.  Get there by 23 December (sunday) as they'll shut down for 3
months. No green ninjas, unfortunately.

We counted more staff than shoppers, and a fair bit of SW 2000 was
discounted too.  (7159s at 13.99, 7124 at 4.99, 7104 at 3.99 and 7191 at 57.50)

They also had all the new S@H exclusives, and that Rebel Blockade Runner
looked extremely tempting.

We went on the Lego Racers ride, and it was one of the worst driving games I
have ever played.  The controls were so sluggish, it felt like steering
through a vat of treacle.  The cars didn't move or shake, either!  Daytona
USA from SEGA (circa 1994) beats it hands down.

The building section there was excellent though, with an enormous front
section of a jumbo jet, with translucent coral bricks (new colour?) and
plenty of decent parts to build, including a Scala table, 2 PCs with Studios
+ camera, an oval of train track (!) however, no train (been there recently,
MLC?)

Lots of copper masks FOC, so if anyone wants these I have some spare ;-)

I may go again on sunday to check for further reductions in the store.
Contact me if you have any orders.

Mark