 Local / United Kingdom / 7163
7162  |  7164
Subject:
FOTW (ish)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 21:46:23 GMT

Hi all

I went to a Meccano show at Whitewebbs Transport Museum near Enfield on
Saturday (because I had been invited there by a chap from the UK Bayko club
but that's another story) and I found one chap who was selling used Lego
which I assume he had got by accident when buying bulk collections of Meccano.

Unfortunately I only had 20 quid on me so I bought the most interesting
stuff and among it was an old 4.5v Technic motor BUT on inspection tonight
it has no middle hole for the technic power lead and, most, oddly says 4v on
the end.  It came with an old (3x C-cell) battery box which was clearly not
original because it was a grey box with a black lid.  The lead problem is
irritating because I can't test it! (though it only cost £2.50 so I don't
mind if it doesn't work.)  The question is, was this an early variant or are
they common as muck?

Psi