 Local / United Kingdom / 7000
Re: Woolworths Lego offer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Wed, 8 Aug 2001 15:16:56 GMT

"James Stacey" <James@minifig.co.uk> wrote in message news:GHr8Gs.H5F@lugnet.com...
TKMaxx seems to be a bit hit amd miss. There has been no LEGO in the one in
Cardiff since I brought their Western sets late last year. I guess its whats
in the clearing houses. And since less stores appear to be stocking LEGO
now, I guess there is less to clear out :(

I would think that since Lego were forced into re-orging earlier and cleared out their warehouses, they also probably
put some tighter management in place to avoid overproducing and overstocking sets. i.e. not making too many more than
they can sell.

As a consequence, it looks like there are fewer and fewer 'old' sets appearing in the usual places like the Entertainer.
Whereas they used to have rows full of this type of stuff, their Camberley store close to me now has next to nothing.

regards
lawrence