 Local / United Kingdom / 6936
Re: More 'new' classic sets on shop at home
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 16:26:49 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Jon D. Hayward writes:
Anyway, here's the list I can see:

6290 Red Beard Runner 69.99
6291 Armada Flagship  34.99 (*1)
6292 Enchanted Island 44.99 (*2)

*1 - old 6280 sold off at LLW last year for 19.99
*2 - old 6278 sold off by Tesco last year for 19.99 (and nobody wanted them
then!)

Just Jono .oO

Dammit, I DO want those two! I missed both those bargains while still pretty
much in my "dark ages". Does anyone have a sealed 6280 or 6278 they're
willing to let me have for £19.99 (plus a small commission of course)?

Of the three main pirate boats released during the theme's original run, the
Red Beard Runner is definitely the rough one of the bunch. Despite the cool
looking "battle damaged" sails, the whole layout of the sails and boat looks
wrong. Unfortunately, I'm unlikely to find what I really want (A mint 6286
Skull's Eye Schooner - the pinnacle of pirate design!) at a reasonable price.

As for the pirates search, just enter "pirates" in the box next to "lego
finder" at the top right of the shop at home page and press the green
"search" button.

Cheers,
Paul.