 Local / United Kingdom / 6766
Re: Hypothetical question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Tue, 26 Jun 2001 13:50:31 GMT

Or they would make you build them a jailhouse out of the representative
portion.

Regards,

Andrew.

ajs@blahblahblah.co.uk

www.blahblahblah.co.uk

Anthony Sava <savatheaggie@yahoo.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.loc.uk, Steve Lane writes:
I was just wondering Hypothetically, if someone bought some Lego second • hand
which turned out to be stolen, and the police came round to recover it, • but
you'd mixed it in with your own Lego. Would they take all your lego away • or
a representative sample or only the bits you could identify as coming • from
the stolen lot? Or a different solution?

Steve

Before you ask I haven't bought any lately :-) I was just wondering.

Pretty deep question.

I'm no expert, but...

I would expect in that situation, with a product so hard to identify such • as
lego, that the Police would label the stolen merchandise as 'irretrievable
goods' and the person who was robbed would have the only option of sueing • the
thief for the dollar amount of what was stolen.

At least thats one possibility

--Anthony