 Local / United Kingdom / 6716
Re: Argos Sale!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Mon, 18 Jun 2001 12:57:09 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Lawrence Wilkes writes:

"Scott A" <eh105jb@mx1.pair.com> wrote in message
Argos Sale!

I gasped. I rushed up to my local shop. But, alas, no cheap Lego. What is
the world coming to? Back in the good ol' days I could get a....

sigh.

Wonder if we will ever see a sale at shop at home?

If Lego continues to to decline in stores, and lego themselves are the only
source, will the bargains dry up?
Notice how little there is at The Entertainers these days - thetoyshop.com -
in terms of discontinued sets.

Their range really is half-hearted. Most of the shops in Edinburgh now carry
only a very small part of the range - other than in TRU, I seldom see non-SW
technic in shops now.

Scott A

regards
lawrence