 Local / United Kingdom / 6695
Re: UKLTC has arrived
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Tue, 12 Jun 2001 10:39:59 GMT

Why not ask Todd to create a lugnet.org.ukltc (or a lugnet.trains.euro for
that matter, Harvey) rather than trying to create a splinter group which
will never reach anything like the same audience?

I have to say I would like idea of a less general UK lugnet area where we
can talk more about UK LEGO. The Lugnet outside the local groups is
dominated by America and its culture. This is largely OK, but at times it
can be too much for me.

One of Sam's ideas was to have regular building competitions (I think this
was suggested before) for UK / Irish Lugnet users. How do readers feel about
starting up (say) a monthly competition? The aim would be to keep it simple,
and have only very basic rules. Any thoughts?

Scott A