 Local / United Kingdom / 6661
Re: My Ebay listings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Tue, 5 Jun 2001 07:50:57 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Michael Pratt writes:
To those whom it may concern....I have had to cancel a number of my e-bay
listings recently because in error I limited shipping to UK only which as
most of you will know will cut out the US market completely.
I had thought that adding an error message to my descriptions would
rectify the error but of course one searches for items available to ones
country so the listings would not show up in US even with the correction.

So I will say here and now a big sorry to those affected.

You will see that all auctions have been re-listed save for the MISB
Metroliner which will be relisted on Wednesday

Michael Pratt

I thought it was only me that did daft stuff like that - I once listed items as
being available to US only! The default search on ebay.com (I think) is for
located in "any country". I quite often get US bidders being surprised that
they had bid on a UK auction - even when I list them in UKP. I was once asked
which state the UK was in by a US serviceman serving overseas!

Good luck with your auctions.

Scott A