 Local / United Kingdom / 6648
Re: Bionicle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Mon, 4 Jun 2001 12:12:06 GMT

"James Stacey" <James@minifig.co.uk> wrote in message
news:GEEF5u.BJu@lugnet.com...

My Bro' in law was telling me he had read somewhere about TLC getting sued
by some tribespeople somewhere for using their sacred tribal names for the
bionicle range. Has anyone else heard anything about this or is it a bunch
of schwa

Old news, that keeps coming up every couple of days
For example the following from Friday.

"Scott A" <eh105jb@mx1.pair.com> wrote in message
I am not sure if this is old news, but is made it into the Guardian • yesterday:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/Archive/Article/0,4273,4195290,00.html

And for those who like to see it in good ol' black and white:
http://www154.pair.com/eh105jb/Maoris_v_bionicle.jpg

Scott A

Yes, old news
http://news.lugnet.com/general/?n=29495
and
http://news.lugnet.com/technic/bionicle/?n=532
which has the same links, and also asks if it is old news!

regards
lawrence

As I understand it, Lego have not copyrighted the names, so there is nothing
to sue over.
The thread in general above has a good discussion on the subject

regards
lawrence