 Local / United Kingdom / 6642
Re: Car Boot FOTWs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Sun, 3 Jun 2001 18:42:14 GMT

"Lawrence Wilkes" <lawrence@thewilkesfamily.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in
message news:GECu8K.6t1@lugnet.com...
Good hunting down in Weston-Super-Mare this week.

First, my mother (good bless her - 70 years old, and STILL buying me • Lego
for presents), picked up a 8880 super car and 8868 air tech claw • rig,  for
£40 the pair. Both were mint, only built once and sat on a shelf • ever since,
complete with boxes and instructions. The 8880 box in particular • looked like
it was brand new. Both were built up and she could see them working, • the
8868 still had working batteries in it.

Then today I picked up a 6418 country club and 6547 funfair for £10 • the
pair. Again both mint, complete with boxes and instruction,  built • only
once. Both good sets for architectural elements - while and pink • bannisters,
etc.

regards
lawrence

Today I bought a 853 Car Chassis, all ready built and did not look at
it too closely as it was only a couple of quid, the seller put it in a
bag for me and guess what.
    When I got home found it had been GLUED together!!!!

Ray