 Local / United Kingdom / 6593
6592  |  6594
Subject:
Holidays in the sun !
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Wed, 23 May 2001 11:21:00 GMT

Hello folks, me again.

We have just returned from a holiday in Crete
and I am pleased to report that Lego sets are
more available than I expected.....

Agios Nikolaos  4 shops with Lego
Heraklion 2 shops with lego
Rethimnon 3 shops with Lego

Of these only one stocked the recent stuff (Mars)
which indicated a current demand. But the joy of
it all was that the other shops had had lego in
the past and still had some bigger and older sets
left on the shelf.
I think you can all guess what follows...
I have returned with....
*4558 Metroliner
4564 Freight Rail Runner
4554 Yellow Station
*6991 Monorail transport base
*6347 Monorail accessory track
6395 Victory Lap Raceway
6338 Hurricane Harbour
6389 Fire Control Centre
*6386 Police Command Base
*6539 Victory Cup Racers
*810 4.5 volt motor
......all MISB.
We had to buy a suitcase to bring it all back which went
without incident I am pleased to say.

The point for you lot though is that if you are planning to
go in that direction then I can tell you where to look, and
the likelihood is that there is a lot more out there which
I did not find. Other major towns such as Chania and
Irepetra are virgin unexplored. The folks are helpful and
will direct you to the toy shops.

I have left in a shop in Heraklion both the Technic control
centre sets because I just couldn't push my luck any
further and carry the stuff home. They had about 3 Sail and
Fly marinas and the model team sets.
Those asterisked will be ebay bound in due course, but if
any one wants to offer me any train sets or the Airport
monorail set we can talk turkey !
Happy hunting !

Michael Pratt