 Local / United Kingdom / 6128
6127  |  6129
Subject:
TRU prices
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Mon, 2 Apr 2001 07:53:49 GMT

Went to TRU Solihull on Saturday and they must have had a delivery of SW
sets as they had all of the 2001 sets and the technic sets. However, TRU
will not be getting my cash anymore unless they change their pricing - in
just 1 week the technic battle droid has gone from £19.99 to £22.99, the
destroyer droid from £31.99 to £34.99, and the pit droid from £8.99 to
£12.99. Luckily I picked up the battle and destroyer droids a week ago at
the cheaper prices (plus I had some gold card vouchers saving me another £8)
but with the prices on the sets I'm missing and on the rest of the LEGO
range (as Jason Railton pointed out last week the Falcon is £89.99 ast TRU
and it's only £74.99 from Shop@Home) I'm going to start buying from
Shop@Home instead. Woolworths is a complete waste of time these days with a
few Studio sets and Bionicle, plus 1 or 2 LOM sets in their Solihull and
Birmingham stores.

Dan