 Local / United Kingdom / 6011
Re: Calling all UK IT literate AFOL's
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Sat, 10 Mar 2001 09:11:45 GMT

Huw Millington wrote:

"Jason Briscoe" <jason-shirley@briscoej.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
news:005101c0a8de$0afaf980$59df883e@pbncomputer...
All,

I have acquired a quantity of new Compaq PCMIA external floppy disk drives,
al new in boxes with manuals etc? does anyone have a use for one or more of
them and are they worth keeping or should I put them back into the skip from
whence they came?

Useful only to those with laptops that don't come with a floppy drive built
in.

i.e. not many people. That's why they were in the skip :-)

Huw

Hi Jason,
I may need some for our old laptops in college.  The internal floppy
drives go first as the students take out the disk when the light is
still on.
They are only 486s (not worth the £60 fixing fee), but are good for
datalogging in science.

Do they work on any laptop, or only compaqs?

TIA
Mark