 Local / United Kingdom / 5651
Re: Train doors - S@H UK?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 11:59:49 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Lawrence Wilkes writes:
Are there any other bulk bricks you would like us to wake you up for when
they appear?

"Jason J. Railton" <j.j.railton@cwcom.net> wrote
How about 'UK S@H exclusive: Stormtrooper minifigs (pack of 20)'?

In lugnet.loc.uk, Lawrence Wilkes writes:
Presume that is a wish?
You had me going there for a moment. Thought they were available. Or are
they?

Not that I know of.  Sorry to get you going there.  Looks like someone else
was nodding off too.

In lugnet.loc.uk, Ben Le Foe writes:
Wouldn't that be fantastic?

They could also do packs of rebel pilots, Hoth troopers, and imperial guards
while they were at it.  :)

I think you're getting carried away now.

Of course, chances are they might do it one day... after all Lego managed to
release packs of the character minifigs about 18 months after the range had
started. Just long enough to make all the collectors rush out and buy the
expensive sets in order to get (say) a nice little cuddly Darth Vader figure.

But you didn't get him on a stand with a collector's card.

Certainly going by the prices that lots of Star Wars minifigs can fetch on
Ebay makes me think that there could be a market for this sort of product.

Ben

I think it probably all comes down to the marketing.  The best I'd expect
would be a pack of two Stormtroopers plus one other imperial (dark grey
Imperial Officer would be nice, but most likely the existing Tie Fighter or
Imperial Shuttle pilot) in a minifig collectors pack.  They'd be able to
sell loads of these and make a tidy profit.  After all, the collectors packs
sell for the same price as the 5 figure + equipment packs of other themes.

Still, they've got to hold someting back for the second half of next year.

Jason.