 Local / United Kingdom / 5379
5378  |  5380
Subject:
Eurotunnel bargains
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Fri, 22 Dec 2000 11:34:53 GMT

Well, I didn't get much in France yesterday, (the major DYA Lego store
is Lillers, not Hazebrouck) but there is a 3 for 2 offer on Lego sets in
the English terminal at the moment.

You can get a cheap ticket for £12 if you travel late.

Mostly 199/2000 stuff, lots of small sets around £1.50, including
technic stuff, SW Mickey Mouse etc.

However, beware, if you buy 3@£50 and 3@£1 on one bill, your total cost
is £151 and not £102 (as I discovered with their wine offer).

In Lille, a national discount store called Tati (by name and nature!)
had 6555s for 13FF, 6799s for 39FF and an empty shelf of 6979s for
109FF.  You may find these elsewhere.
Not much else to report, except the Collectors X wing @ 859FF and Tie
fighter @ 619FF in Carrefour Euralille.

Merry Christmas - I'm getting an 8482 and 8462 and will try to build a
remote controlled pistachio shell firing robot over the festive season.

Mark