 Local / United Kingdom / 534
533  |  535
Subject:
Visit to LLW from USA
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 03:12:23 GMT

I just got back from a holiday in the UK, based in Streetly, a suburb of
B'ham, and the trip to Legoland Windsor was well worth it!  My sons (age
5 & 8) enjoyed the rides and castle, but the highlight for us all were
the awesome models.  Both sons are Technic mad now, but the models
inspired them.  Wouldn't you know we forgot the disks for the digital
camera!
While on one of the rides near the entrance, we were sure we saw a room
with computers set up and thinking Mindstorms was available to play, we
went in search to no avail - were we seeing things?  My 8 yr old was
most upset we couldn't find a Mindstorm set up.
We were a bit disappointed in the Big Shop and commiserate (sp?) with
you in the selection and price!  And we found no Dacta, either - though
it was close to closing and too busy to ask for help.
But, there were alot of SW!  Because of the exchange rate, we didn't buy
any - hopefully we will be able to find remaining sets we need here!
I had emailed Huw before we took the trip and he was kind enough to
reply with info - Thanks!  I agree, Huw, that it is not like Disneyland,
but to be honest, my lads (and mom & dad) enjoyed it much more!
Pam