 Local / United Kingdom / 530
529  |  531
Subject:
Found... 12v train pieces
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Fri, 9 Apr 1999 12:39:04 GMT

I called on a gentleman in Portsmouth this morning and bought some second hand
sets from him. What had prompted me to visit him was that he had stated on the
phone last night that he had a railway sleeping car for sale as well... In
order not to appear too "pushy" I elected not to ask him the set number.

When I got there I found that it wasn't the expected 4547, but a 7815! It
looked like it was in pristine condition with the instructions and original box
(also in great condition). He was very proud that this set had come from
Holland and hadn't been available in the UK. He also had a 7824 station and a
7835 crossing. Since we're heavily into the 9v stuff (although we do already
have a 7824), and with the wife's instructions to only buy what we wanted
ringing in my ears, I declined them.

He's asking the following prices:-
    7815  15 Pounds
    7824  20 Pounds
    7835   8 Pounds
    Plus 7000 series track at a further 15 Pounds.

If anyone's seriously interested, email me directly (before Sunday, as I'll be
travelling thereafter) and I'll pass on his number.

Cheers,
Kev