 Local / United Kingdom / 5296
Re: Find of the Year!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 08:45:05 GMT

"Jason Briscoe" <jason-shirley@briscoej.freeserve.co.uk>
Just picked up a very incomplete 6399 Airport shuttle for £3
[snip]

Now that I have a growing collection of lego building in my office people
keep appearing at my door and telling me of odd lego sets that they find in
the loft.

One of our receptionists came in the other day and mentioned this "lego
shuttle thing that we found in the old play room over the weekend - would
you be interested or shall we just give it a charity shop?" !!

I showed her the piccy on lugnet which was met with a "yeah, thats it"
comment in a rather disinterested way. I then made the mistake of showing
her a set up on ebay - she become more interested when she noticed the 250
quid tag on it and instantly decided to "keep it for her grandchildren".....

I have a feeling I missed a chance there :-)

Still, if anyone is interested in a played with but complete (has box and
instructions) 6399 then I'll see if I can persuade her!!

Darren