 Local / United Kingdom / 52
Re: The name of this group is wrong
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk.en.fs.ips, lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Tue, 27 Oct 1998 01:57:19 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk.en.fs.ips, Simon Denscombe writes:
Look at the county name it should be .sf for suffolk not .fs

There had to be a mistype somewhere, I suppose I should contact Todd
although I have done a lot of that lately.

Carbon 60

P.S.  I think I'll generate a huge bug report.

Is .fs too confusing?  I thought it would be nice for Suffolk and Norfolk
to be .fs and .fn, respectively, so that they sorted next to each other
in the newsgroups list.

It's the same reason that North Yorkshire, South Yorkshire, and West Yorkshire
are given as .yn, .ys, and .yw, respectively, instead of .ny, .sy, and .wy;
and East and West Sussex are given as .xe and .xw, respectively.

--Todd