 Local / United Kingdom / 5108
5107  |  5109
Subject:
NYC and Florida shopping report
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Wed, 8 Nov 2000 10:39:38 GMT

Well we're back, suitably refreshed.

TRU near Times Square NYC predictably carried all top-dollar stuff and
no mark-downs. If my memory serves me correctly, prices of the big SW
sets were as follows;

Millennium Falcon $99
Ultimate Collector X-Wing $149
Ultimate Collector TIE fighter $109

The Lego Imagination Centre at 'Downtown Disney' (near the theme-parks
and free to enter) was well worth a visit. Inside and out there are a
wide range of sculptures a la Legoland, and the shop carries pretty much
the full range of sets as seen elsewhere (no spares packs).

They also had the new SW minifig sets (3340/1/2/3). I thought I would do
someone a favour and bring some back (3 full sets), only to find them in
the new UK S@H catalog on my return. Doah! I have them for sale or trade
anyway.

Wal-Mart in Kisemmee had a pretty big selection of sets but the prices
were surprisingly not that attractive.

The only other place I had time to check out was a toy store in the
'Florida Mall' near Orlando Airport. They had a fair amount of marked
down stuff (mostly SW) and are worth a look, particularly if your spouse
forces mall attendance under duress.

Ian Bishop, Ayrshire, UK