 Local / United Kingdom / 4919
Re: Update to my Caterham 7 technic creation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 09:48:37 GMT

It just felt so right.
Attention to detail
The scaling

I kept the scale as near to possible correct by digging out all the
dimensions of the real car and then scaling with respect to the 8448 wheels.
I've got 12 years worth of Autocar magazine (I am a car nut as well as Lego
nut...) to refer to!

Doing a good job of difficult curves.
You also managed to get a working transmission into that tight space • (thanks
for the hints there)

I admit that this took weeks to get right (not joking), although I do tend
to be pretty busy (doing a PhD like JenniferC as a matter of fact...)

And I like the blending of technic and bricks.
To many technic cars, the 8448 included, are let down I feel by their • skeleton
approach.
Whereas yours is solid, and the better for it.

I think it would be difficult to get the feel for the '7' with a skeletal
body, but I do like the 8448.  I chose the '7' as an ideal candidate for a
Lego model due to its flat sides and inherent lightness.

The 7 is a good basis though, it does lend itself to being modeled in lego

Of course, I have to do better now.
But thanks for the inspiration!

regards
lawrence

Oh dear, I'd better get planning the next model soon.  I feel the
competition hotting up........

Cheers,

Neil