 Local / United Kingdom / 475
474  |  476
Subject:
New Lego Magazine in UK
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 27 Mar 1999 20:12:19 GMT

Today I found a new comic called "Adventures" and it's an official LEGO comic.

The comic is the first issue and priced at 1.50 UKP, it is set to be a
monthly and is aimed at young Lego builders. It has 36 pages and is styled
very much like the club magazines.

It had a small model attached to the front cover - 2138, an 8 piece
helicopter set. There are two cartoon strips, one based on ninjas and one
on city, some factual content, some model building instructions, some kids
colouring and puzzles, a piece on the model of Grand Central Station and
adverts for various Lego sets.

Naturally I had to get one for my kids and one for me :)

One interesting point to note was that the small item about a book due out
here in August. "The Ultimate Lego Book" is to be published by Dorling
Kindersley priced 12.99 UKP. It will be available through DKFL from May
1st  - that's DKs book parties I believe (0500 235351 for info on a DK
rep).

--
Sue G