 Local / United Kingdom / 4682
4681  |  4683
Subject:
LLW August 00
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Thu, 31 Aug 2000 20:48:44 GMT

Dear All

Just a quick set of notes after my trip to LLW yesterday.
They have fixed some of the problems with the Xtreme Team Challenge, building
a small wall so that rainwater doesn't carry mud in and block the filters but
the ride is often down for part of the day for 'technical hitches'.
The new Wave Rider ride is superb and had most people coming off with great
grins on their faces ( including yours truly )
The creator Centre is next to open in October - although it still looked only
partly constructed yesterday,and the Racers ride and Legoland Virgin Airport
are due in 2001.
The big change for me since last I went (April) was the huge increase in
merchandise available throughout the park - they really seem to be heading
towards the Disney model of stalls every 10 yards. They seemed to be pushing
the Legoland 'memorabilia' much more than the actual sets - presumably they
get more profit that way.
Tesco have started an ongoing promotion to allow you to buy LLW tickets with
their own money-off vouchers (a £4.50 Tesco voucher for an adult entrance
ticket), purchased 28 days in advance. I haven't done the maths to work out
exactly how much you need to spend at Tesco but we got £2.50 of vouchers and
we spend about £1200 every 3 months.

Cheers

Alan Kershaw